H 24 HDMI Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TANK, Apr 3, 2021.

1. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    The HDMI stopped working. I did the reset of sat box and also the tv,didn't help.
    Connected the H24 to another tv with a different HDMI cable ,that didn't work either.Tried all HDMI inputs on the tv set.

So I'm assuming the the HDMI output is bad.
    The yellow/red/and white outputs work fine.

Both sets were being used at the same time to watch the same channel.Could that have damaged the HDMI output ?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Running both outputs at the same time can shut down the HDMI output ( i have read this, not experienced it ).
    Is there any message on your TV when it is all hooked up and supposed to be running ? What does it say ?

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    If your TV has these connectors connect the H24 this way --
    Amazon.com: 5RCA Male Component Video/Audio Cable, Gold Plated 3ft, 6ft, 12ft, 25ft, 50ft (6FT): Home Audio & Theater

It will do everything your HDMI port can't

jimmie57 likes this.
  4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope!

5. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    No message just a flicker then blank screen.

Thanks for all the answers and help. I'll just use the component video/ audio outputs.

WestDC likes this.
  6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    There is a chance to fry your TV HDMI switch... week ago I fixed LG 47" TV - replaced such 4 port HDMI switch chip inside

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You might have a problem with the TV ?
    Most TVs will say "No Signal" if the DTV receiver is not sending it a signal.
    It will be nice if the Component cables work for you. I ran both my sets on Component for about 3 years.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Hook it back up with just hdmi only. When you know it should be up and running press and hold the exit button in the remote for 20 seconds. See what happens.

jimmie57 likes this.