1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20-600 needs replaced

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by astouffer, Apr 23, 2010.

1. astouffer

astouffer New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    My H20-600 receiver has been running hot and acting flakey for a while now. This evening I could get channels but after a while they would just become a black screen. Say I was watching 280 and then changed to 306, black screen. Turn the box off and then on again, and its back at 280! Like it never even went to 306. At this point the box is so bad its saying no signal.

How can I tell customer service to swap this out? They keep wanting to send a tech out to align my dish. I told the guy about the recall and he said it was a power supply issue. The heatsinks inside are too hot to even touch and the access card has a brown outline of the chip. I'm pretty close to just buying one from ebay at this point.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Call back and if the CSR doesn't "get the message" ask politely to talk to their supervisor, then explain to them. These are known to be bad receivers and have not only had a recall, but later have been simply obsoleted and are no longer being sent out.

3. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Simply call them and tell them: "I woke up this morning to a strong smell of electrical burning coming from my HR20-600 and it no longer will power up."