H21-200 {CE:12:09} 0x431E - Issues Only (PRIVATE FIELD TEST)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H2x Discussion (private)' started by Tom Robertson, Sep 26, 2008.

Did 0x431E download correctly? (Please wait until Sunday before a no vote.)

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but there were some issues first

41.2%
  3. No. Describe any details that you can.

11.8%
  4. N/A Just looking

47.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Systems in CE:12:09 PRIVATE FIELD TEST
    H21-200

Window of opportunity for push:
    Friday, September 26, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

[strike]If you have had problems getting the download before, please reboot your machine at approximately 10:00PM ET. [/strike]

Remember, do not discuss this private test outside this forum.

Downloading pre-release software means that we all work together to report bugs and potential solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, please remember this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. Therefore, please keep all posts in this thread to issues only. You may, of course, open a discussion thread for other discussion, constructive criticism, and problem solving, but this thread is monitored by DIRECTV for bug reporting only. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Please note your full model number and manufacturer on every post (e.g. H21-200).

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible.

The Contents of this CE Download: (Differences based on last National Release)
    • Items from CE:12:01
    • Items from CE:12:02 (for H20)
    • Items from CE:12:03 (for H20)
    • Items from CE:12:04
    • Items from CE:12:05
    • Items from CE:12:06
    • Items from CE:12:07
    • Items from CE:12:08
    • Items from CE:12:09

Improved
    • 01 - Improved Stability
    • 02 - UI Polishing
    • 02 - Added Game Lounge Robustness
    • 02 - Improved Stability
    • 03 - Improved Stability
    • 04 - Faster Category Sort and Search results
    • 05 - Improved AM21 Support
    • 05 - Improved Software Download Stability
    • 06 - Improved Audio Stability on OTA Channels
    • 06 - UI Polishing
    • 07 - UI Polishing
    • 08 - Fixed issue with some boxes not able to take software downloads
    • 08 - Fixed OTA settings to be retained after RBR
    • 08 - UI Polishing
    • 09 - Fixed System Info Screen
    • 09 - UI Polishing

Updated
    • 04 - Interactive Channels keeps aspect ratio
    • 04 - Improved Program Information in the Channel Banner and Info Screens
    • 04 - Improved Close Captioning placement
    • 04 - Removed the Centering Tab in the System Setup Display Option Screen
    • 06 - Fixed spontaneously coming out of Standby

New feature(s)
    • 04 - Support for AM21
    • 04 - Summer Update Welcome Screen
    • 04 - Dish Pointing Setup and Installation Verification
    • 04 - Support for Mediashare
    • 04 - Guide Banners
    • 04 - SWM Meter Screen
    • 04 - Adult Channel Hiding (Parental Controls)
    • 04 - Triple-Tap in all screens that use keypad
    • 04 - IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword support
    • 05 - Added Push Diagnostic Report to hidden option

Notes
    • 06 - Going back to the National code will cause the box to loss its settings!
    • 06 - If issues are found, please send a diagnostics report .. just like on the HR2x receivers

2. bearmur

bearmur Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    I saw it on Redh site Friday but I did not get push. I was tuned to local 33. I am getting screensaver mode now.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    My H21 did not receive the pushed update.

I received last weeks after the unit being replaced but did not receive this one.

My H21 is connect to a WB68 and the receiver was tuned to ESPNEWS HD (207).

I was watching from 10:45 p.m. ET to 12:00 p.m. ET and nothing happened. I just checked again this morning to see if it was pushed after that time and it was not.

4. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    pushed fri night at 1129PM. Had to go back in and remove some of the off air channels

5. kymikes

kymikes Icon

Jan 15, 2008
    Kentucky
    Got the 0x431e push last night. So far, the same issues that I have reported for the last several CE's persist.
    * List of channels received was reset and I have to deactivate the channels I don't get
    * Internet was not connected when I first looked at Info & Test - checked setup which was correct and selected Connect Now and it connected. System Test does not connect internet. You have to go through the Connect Now process which does work
    * Autotunes continue to re-enable themselves (not a new issue but not fixed). I had set an auto-repeating Autotune for channel 18 at 8:00am but I can not delete it. I delete all the scheduled occurrences but the "master" remains and reschedules for the next week on the next morning. Have not found anyway to remove it.

I did not see the other "strange" menu that I had last week when using Menu+Info this time. Have not seen any other oddities as yet.

6. frogg

frogg Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    Angleton, TX
    As I previously posted, I had to go back to NR 4080 last week after push, as it would go into screensaver mode every 2 or 3 minutes with no audio. Got the 431e push last night, and reattached AM21, rebooted and ran manual antenna setup. Took two tries to get OTA to show up in the guide (all channels), but it finally did. Menu looks ok this time, and so far no screen saver mode as with last push. Will report back with any other problems I may find.

7. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't believe I got the push. I was on the receiver until midnight and didn't see it and this morning the info screen won't come up as before so I don't think I got it.

8. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Still doesn't look like I've got the push, the info screen is still blank when I try to access it.

One annoying issue though: Ever since I checked out the new local on the 8s the screen saver comes up all the time. Doesn't matter what channel I leave the receiver on when I check on it the screen saver is on. And actually it seems kinda weird that the screen saver would be available at all since it's not a DVR and can't be paused. I guess maybe for the XM channels. But it shouldn't come on at all for regular stations.

9. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    +1. I don't think I got the push as well but I can't tell since the System Info and Test menu will not come up.

10. bearmur

bearmur Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    I did not get Friday push. I saw on Redh.com 0x431E was only active firmware so I did reset/02468 and got it Sat.

11. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    I can't tell if i got this week's push my info & test screen comes up blank same as last week after i got the push on my replacement

the screen saver is coming up for me every few minutes also and i haven't even tried to access the new local on 8 feature

Update:I've been watching the receiver for the last 2 hours and the screen saver hasn't come up like it was earlier and i'm thinking it might be only be happening on specific channels bu t cant remember which channel i was on. i have tried different channels HD to SD to off-air channels but can recreate it again

12. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    No got here. Was tuned to an XM channel with screensaver going.

Cheers,
    Tom

13. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    ditto here, which I suspect means that I did not get it.

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    One thing I have noticed, though is that the screen saver is showing up on my H21-200 while tuned to a local channel. I would think that the screen saver should never come on since I cannot pause the show :scratchin

15. 66stang351

66stang351 New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    This is a strange one. I was gone for the weekend and checked it this evening. I still get blank info and test so I didn't get the download. Also, I was getting blank screen on all channels...OTA or Sat. A menu reset fixed the gray screen. I don't have it networked yet so I couldn't send a report.

The weirdest part though is my HR21-200 also had blank screen for all channels, but my other 2 HDDVRs...HR20-700 and HR21-100...were working just fine.

My HR21-200 is networked and I sent the following diagnostic report after rebooting...20080928-3D57...I completely forgot to send until it was already reset.

Edit: The HR21-200 is on 27D

16. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    I noticed this too while watching football and thought the same thing... :)

17. Iwanthd

Iwanthd AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    I was out of town the past few days and it looks like I did not receive the push. Info & Test screen is still blank, OTA edited channels have remained. My wife says it was on channel 279 on Friday night and local OTA 9-1 on Saturday night. The AM21 is still working great at receiving local OTA channels. Channel changes are still pretty slow, but I can live with it. I have a replacement H21-200 that is not networked. I had the screen saver issue after the last push, but has not been a recurring problem after the first day or so.

18. Iwanthd

Iwanthd AllStar

Oct 17, 2006
    Spoke too soon... I have the screen saver bug on all channels now. Any solution?

19. bearmur

bearmur Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    I got a return box for the H21-200 that I shipped out last month. Did anyone with the replacement H21 get a return box today?

20. bearmur

bearmur Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    H21-200 was locked up like HR20's this AM. RBR fixed.
    report # 20081006-AFA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.