H21: CE07208 - 0x400B Survey

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H21 Discussion' started by Milominderbinder2, Jul 31, 2007.

Please check any of these issues that YOU have that should prevent the release of the

1. Some SD Channels are not available

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "Regular Schedule" Guide problem after reboot

40.0%
  3. HDMI issues

20.0%
  4. Audio Drop-outs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. After 3 Sec hold of INFO button, left arrow does not work correctly

20.0%
  6. I have No Issues that would prevent release

60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    Please take the attached poll so that we can see how wide-spread these problems are. Please continue to report each Issue in the Issues thread. This is just a summary.

The five items listed are a summary of issues compiled into:

What is left to do on the H21?

Sorry, I missed the Option: No Issues. I am asking the mods to add it...

- Craig

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Added the option

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Again, Left Arrow doesn't work the same as HR20, but I'm not totally convinced that's a bad thing. Still I checked it.

4. Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    I checked that I have no Issue that would prevent the release.

I understand that the Left Arrow does not work after an INFO Button Press & Hold but that is not in the manual anyway. That is just a back door that we knew to try from the HR20.

As this goes to the general populace, they will never know that they can even press and hold the INFO button.

So I checked that I have no Issues that would hold up the H21 from release today.

- Craig

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    You do realize that the H21 is still only in field/internal trials... and is not available to retail customers.

There are still other things that have to be completed before it is available to the general public.

6. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    I have to say that I too don't think the "Left ARROW" thing is really a bad thing. One button in, one button out. Sounds like it's working to me. I have audio drops occasionally but I wouldn't say it's cause for not releasing it.

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "my problem" isn't unique, so for now it's still in the testing stage.
    Voting in a poll during field testing doesn't seem [to me] to make much sense.
    I think when D* is done with field testing and does release it, it's going to be a big hit with customers after going through the whole H20-100/-600 user testing for the last year plus.
    Good unit that needs some final tweaking to work in all markets.

8. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Having been an early adopter of the H20 DVR, I gotta tell you that the H21 sounds like its pretty far along the beta test cycle for such a short time - sure there's less there than a DVR, but still, a new box is a new box.

Between the CE program here (thanks Earl) and all the efforts of the CE testers, DirecTV is sure moving at a brisk pace with all their newest hardware (H21, SWM, etc.).

9. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    The "missing local SD" issue is actually a "missing transponder" issue, where transponders that show up on other receivers don't show up on the H21. If you are lucky, they have no programming for you. If you are unlucky, one of the missing transponders is your SD locals.

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    +1, except for VOS's missing transponder issue. Hopefully not a hard one to fix. /s

11. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Really, I've been very impressed with the level of polish that this device has right out of the box. Still, I expect it to be pushed heavily over the holidays so I'm glad that they're taking the time to wring the last few gremlins out of it.

12. Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    VOS,

I did the poll for this reason. Sometimes when I see an issue already posted I don't pile on. We are a small group. We can now see how minimal or widespread each problem is.

They are in great shape with the H21. The H21 today is about where the HR20 was 3-4 months after release. The H21 has had the luxury of being a supplement to the to the existing product, not the replacement. Both already do MPEG4. So the H21 release has not had to be as feverish. A very good thing.

Based on this further feedback I will move the INFO button Left arrow down issue to Should have instead of must have to release.

- Craig

13. Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    I think that the H21 and H20 will be in huge demand starting with the initial staggered HD roll-outs in September. Timing could not be better with the football season. They will need every H20 and H21 they can build to keep up with the demand.

By the time Christmas comes they will have had one blitz after another of new channels. They will keep the fire building all the way to new years. And then the D11 is next up to start the cycle all over again!

The H21/H20 are the foundation of "Get X Rooms of HD Installed for FREE!"

This fall will be nuts. I can't wait to see where DIRECTV stock will be by the new year.

Go H21, GO!

- Craig

14. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    I echo this statement as well. I almost feel like I'm not participating because by the time I've posted something VOS or someone else is 10 steps ahead. :)

The transponder issue is the only bug that keeps this from distribution. Other than that, I remain VERY impressed.

15. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    +1
    [see you got here first this time :lol: ]

16. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I voted "No issues to prevent release".
    The only consistant problem I've noiced is when leaving the box on an EI channel and then i return the next day. Upon powering on the box I get a message stating there is a problem w/ my multi-switch. I change channels and everything seems to be fine.