1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H21 & HR21

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HDTVFreak07, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07 Icon

Sep 12, 2007
    I sure do hope that my HR20-700, HR20-100 and two H20-600 never dies. I'd rather have the OTA connection available because I can get two DMA's where I live whereas if I am to get the locals via Sat in the near future (not available yet), I'll be stuck with only one DMA's. I'd rather have them on the receiver rather than switching "inputs" on my TV's even if my HDTV's has a built-in digital tuner.

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Come on, it's not that difficult to switch to the OTA tuner on a TV. 1 button, that's all..... :)

But, the HR20 is still in production - maybe the -700 is being phased out, but there are no indications that the HR20 is gone for good.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I have to press it one, two, three, or maybe even four times....depending on what I'm watching at the time. :D

4. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    But it is difficult to record from an OTA channel when there are no OTA tuners built in. "Difficult" as in impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.