DBSTalk Forum banner

H24 not connecting to HR24

974 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wildbill129 
#1 ·
H24 not finding HR24
Hello again...

So I had my MRV working before I connected my HR24 connected to the net.
Before you stop reading, this is a Fully DECA system, ie DECA adapter to my in house network, so it isn't a Ethernet port vs DECA issue....

Here is my setup.

Dish to 1to4 SWM-
----------------------------------------------
1to4 SWM (port 1) Goes to SWM power inserter

SWM power inserter goes to 1to2SWM

1to2SWM (port 1) goes to DECA Adapter -> power adapter and Wireless bridge.
1to2SWM (port 2) goes to HR24
----------------------------------------------
1to4 SWM (port 2) - Goes directly to H24

MRV used to work, I assume after I did the internet stuff it stopped working. To me it looks like the DECA cloud is intact, but I don't have any experience using it so yeah.

Internet via the DECA adapter is working flawlessly.

The DECA adapter (that is connected to my wireless bridge) is routed through the (left) power pass through side of the 1to2SWM. I did this based on the Diagram on SolidSignal.

With a little playing with it, resetting the H24 box, running network setup...anyway, I verified that I can see both boxes grabbing IP address from my main router, so they are both connected to the net via the coax cloud connected to the main network. Also, I got the list of recorded shows on the HR24 to show up on the H24, but then a minute later it said I was no longer connected to the HR24's playlist.

Let me know if there is any other details I can help with.

Thanks for any help.

See less See more
#4 ·
Guys I'm really sorry, I knew that I was double posting, I thought that I was just gonna get yelled at for putting the question in the wrong place. I actually meant to put a reply to ignore/please delete.

Again, sorry.

As for the question, it seems to work, it is just that every 30 minutes or so I get a message that I can no longer see the HR24's playlist. However, it didn't ever affect the movie I was watching.

Could this be the DoublePlay feature coming in and out on the HR24 and causing conflicts? I heard that only one non-DVR box can watch a item at one time. I don't use doublePlay but I have been known to accidentally hit the button to start it.

Thanks again, and again, sorry for the double post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.