1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H24 Wired Ethernet?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dtparker, Sep 6, 2013.

1. dtparker

dtparker New Member

May 24, 2007
    Installing a new H24, purchased from Solid Signal, replacing an H23.

I have hardwired Ethernet throughout the house.

I have a gigabit switch in the room with the H24.

H24 does not light up the ethernet port on the switch like the H23 did. Accordingly it does not get a DHCP address, and won't connect to the network.

Suggestions appreciated!

Dave

2. dtparker

dtparker New Member

May 24, 2007
    Further info - Doing a RBR seems to enable the Ethernet port, and the switch port lights look correct up until it starts acquiring info from the sat. Also the lights on the H24 seem correct at that time. Then; nothing, and net setup gives a 169.254.x.x address.

Dave

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Do you have any other DirecTV recievers in your house? If so what model numbers and how are they hooked up?

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yeah, the H24 has a built-in DECA, so the Ethernet port is deactivated. Plugging in the cable and then rebooting turns the Ethernet port on.

As Beerstalker asked, please supply your full setup info...

- Merg

5. dtparker

dtparker New Member

May 24, 2007
    Upgraded the software on the box, now working as it should. All receivers are hardwire Ethernet connected to their own Switch (Cisco 3750G) which is then uplinked to the rest of my home network. All OK at this time.

thanks!
    Dave

H24 + AM21n
    H23 + AM21
    HR20
    HR23 + AM21
    Slimline dish
    SWM-8