1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H3 and built in sling questions

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by mightymux, Dec 8, 2016.

1. mightymux

mightymux New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Boring.........
    My room mate is out of the country a lot and uses slingbox 500 to access the VIP 622 that's still working. The other day I moved all of our equipment around and the SB 500 crashed. On the hard reset it installed an updated os and now it can only be accessed through a web browser. Before he used a stand alone app that worked fine and could watch in HD. Now with the browser its at best SD and sometimes worse. I think the browser has too much overhead where as the stand alone app for the SB 500 was more streamlined. So the question..... is the SB in the H3 just and add on to a browser or is it something different?
    I'm pretty stupid about this stuff and that may be and under statement. My up speed to him is 6 mb and his down load is 100 mb.

Anyone have any idea about this??....Thanks

charlie

2. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Im not following......Did you resetup the Slingbox 500? You know email address and password?(you said you reset it).....Keep away from the internal sling on the hoppers, there hit or miss.......

3. mightymux

mightymux New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Boring.........
    It was not working at all after the power was unplugged. So I did a hard reset and it came back to life but now it cannot be accessed through the standalone slingbox app. Just the web enabled slingbox app. And through the browser he cannot get HD like he was before.

This from a support page at Slingbox....N/R = Not Recommended. This version of SlingPlayer is not recommended for use with the Slingbox indicated, even if it has worked properly in the past or seems to work properly now.

That's the story so it looks like I have to get M1/M2 that will support the desktop app.

Thanks for the heads up on the hopper built in. We have been considering that.

Thanks....charlie