Hamilton ALONE is worth the price for Disney +

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by scooper, Jul 11, 2020.

1. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    The wife and me just watched the show using our FireTV into the AV receiver - the only thing for home that could make it better would be a larger 1080P or UHD display to watch it on (our 32inch 720p bought back when that TV was $650 is probably missing some details). We have always wanted to see it live, but this was pretty damn good.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My plan is to buy the BluRay. Initial theatrical release date was to be October 15th, 2021. Disney owns the rights (and paid $75 million for them) so I expect this film to be in the Disney vault for some time. I hope that the Disney+ release moves up the BluRay.

I might spring for a month of Disney+ or get a free preview.

krel likes this.
  3. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i plan to buy the blu ray as well

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'll have to watch it one of these days. I've never been a fan of Broadway shows. Or the opera. But I do want to see it.

On another note, when you get around to buying a 4K set you are in for an epiphany. Hope you come back and tell us about the experience.

Rich

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    When the two 32 inch TVs we have now finally crap out.... Only one at a time hopefully.

6. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    For some the words in the awesome music may be difficult to fully understand. Suggest turning on CC when watching Hamilton in Disney+. Watched it both ways, CC adds a nice way to really appreciate the music details.

makaiguy likes this.
  7. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    My old ears aren't attuned to hip hop in the first place. I'd never have gotten anything out of Hamilton without CC.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We've been using CC for a couple of years on just about everything we watch. I have to admit I find using CC heightens the experience.

Rich

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    CC is a trade off ... one gets the words (if the program is correctly captioned) but it is hard to read and watch at the same time. I miss sight gags and other visual details when watching the words go by.

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    My son would agree with you. I was deeply troubled when he told me just about the same thing you've written above.

Rich