Happy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by miedwards72, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miedwards72

miedwards72 AllStar

Feb 23, 2007
    I replaced my Hr20 700 due to continuous issues. I got a hr20 100 yesterday. This was honestly the first time in over a year that I watched tv and did not lose sound or have any pixellation. It was truly a wonderful experience. Anyways, my question is why would Directv extend my contract another 2 years when I was replacing a faulty receiver? I had a little under a year left but now I am commited another 2 years. It is not like I was going to cancel but it just does not seem right. I asked the CSR and she said "It's just the way things are." I love Directv but as with any big company, if you want it, they got you.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    If you do not have the protection plan DirecTV will replace the unit for you but you will get a new contract.

If you have the protection plan there is no new contract.

3. miedwards72

miedwards72 AllStar

Feb 23, 2007
    I can see if I actually bought the unit but for a lease? A lease of a unit they own that could not last the time of the contract? That does not make sense.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    A word to the wise... if you are having problems with your receiver, don't let it go over a year. Call within the first 90 days to get a replacement. Believe it or not the failure rate on these things is pretty low but just like everything, you sometimes get a clunker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.