1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Failed on 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by randavis, Jul 22, 2011.

1. randavis

randavis New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I got that message last night when I turned on my tv. Who do I call to get this resolved quickly?

2. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    Dish Network

3. randavis

randavis New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Who do I call to get this resolved quickly?

I know I can call Dish. I would like it resolved without screwing around with clueless csr's.

The last time I dealt with them, they sent me the same wrong receiver I had.

Thank you

4. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    If you would like to PM your account information (name, and 4 digit security code) we can get the replacement set up for you ASAP! Just let me know!

5. randavis

randavis New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I need one more post to be able to pm you.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would replace the drive - most quickest way to make it work again. If you OWN it.

7. randavis

randavis New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    It is a leased unit. I was told that I would have to pay shipping charges of $15.00 or pay $6.00 per month for the protection plan.

wtf, it is their equipment.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    that's why they dictating

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    True a lease is their equipment... but if you got a free installation, then you didn't pay to have it shipped to you originally.

The shipping charge might be high... that's a different debate. but even for owned technical devices under warranty, most times that warranty doesn't cover shipping costs.

10. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Some places charge for warranty returns. I hear Newegg does not pay for the return of DOA stuff for example. OTOH HP did include a return shipping label via FedEx, However I had to drop it off at FedEx.

Toshiba is good, They ship warranty or purchase parts overnight. Any returns have a return label, Just hand the box to the UPS driver when he's here and done.

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Dell is good for replace broken part and charging $0 shipping fee for their customers.

12. jcrobso

jcrobso AllStar

Mar 30, 2005
    When the HD died on my receiver I just called and Dish sent me a new one.

13. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    New drive to replace old failed HDD ?