Hard to push buttons on TV2 remote

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by gcotterl, Nov 14, 2018.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    The buttons on my Dish 21.1 remote for TV2 has become harder to push in the last couple of weeks.
    (The TV1 remote works fine).

I've replaced all of the batteries in the TV2 remote, verified that the UHF Remote Antenna (on the back of the Vip 622 DVR) is secure and pointed straight up, and no obstructions are between the remote and the remote TV's sensor eye.

The TV2 remote and the remote TV are in a different room, 20 feet away from the VIP 622 DVR. The distance from the TV2 remote and the remote TV is about 10 feet.

I've chatted an Dish agent and he suggested buying a UHF remote antenna extender and a coax cable. (The TV2 remote worked fine up to a couple of weeks ago so why would that be needed now?)
    Does anyone have any suggestions.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    The remote antenna extender is nothing more than a length of coax with a barallel connector for the antenna. Just be sure to not put the remote antenna on the same cable as the TV2 output OR an OTA antenna. I used to have a remote antenna up in my attic so it would work better throughout the house.

I'd try a new set of batteries first, then maybe look at getting a replacement TV2 remote . Somewhere like Dishdepot.com at least used to carry them, and they may still have them.

3. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    The buttons are probably gummed up. The remotes will come apart to be cleaned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk