1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone actually seen the 6.3 upgrade for the 10-25

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by p4594spa, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p4594spa

p4594spa Mentor

Jul 20, 2006
    So it has been a month since it was supposed to be rolling out. I haven't seen mine, has anyone actually seen there 10-250 upgrade to 6.3

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    No one has... as it hasn't been released...

3. p4594spa

p4594spa Mentor

Jul 20, 2006
    I thought the thing was released. Any idea on when it will occur?

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Right now, it is looking like late August...

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Not shooting the messenger here Earl and we appreciate all the info you give us...

But why is it always 2-3 weeks away? Seems like that day will never get here. And I'm sure once it does get here we on the East Coast will not get it for 2 months after that...

As they have said on other boards they've had over a year to take this from beta to final release since the beta was seen at CES. Did they stop working on it at one point?

6. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I don't know if the "stoped" work on it... But TiVo is the one writing it.
    So I don't know if something happened in there, that work was discontinued or what....

DirecTV does test it and has ultimate responsibility for releasing the version.

7. Gottria

Gottria Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    What if D* dosen't release it due to the HR20 is coming. It would make a great way to get people to get rid of their HR10s for the HR20. If you have an HR10 and D* just anounced that there will be no 6.3 upgrade, would you jump to the HR20?

Don't get me wrong, I want to see the 6.3 upgrade even though I don't have a HR10 yet.

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I would guess since TiVo is working on it, there had to be a commitment to it from both D* and TiVo, and I would also suspect money changed hands (i.e. D* is paying TiVo for the upgrade or it is a contractual obligation or something).

I doubt it would get this far and D* would just decide to skip it.

9. vikingguy

vikingguy Legend

Aug 1, 2005
    6.3 upgrade or not I am sticking with my tivo until atleast next may. I am not going to change out my tivo till I am confident in the new HR20. I figure let you fine folks around here beta test it for me. All the HD-recording I do right now is OTA anyways.

10. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Not a bad idea... My HR10-250 is leased and with two out of four of the networks (and PBS) I'm in no hurry. DTV can swap it when they have something that is proven.

The speed increase is nice, and so are folders, but getting what you want to record with very rare problems is far more important. The WAF would be a serious problem if all we had were the "R" box in the house. The last 8 months would have been...well, you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.