has anyone gotten out of the ETF

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by eletric chicken, Dec 28, 2019.

1. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    i am curious as if anyone's gotten out of the ETF by filing an FCC report against directv. there customer service are clueless as are there installers. as well as there installers are in a hurry as mine wanted to use spectrum's cable so he would not have to rewire!!! but i was like hell no you can't then i won't have internet. i am also trying to watch epix and the box wants me to upgrade my programming package when epix is included in the premere pack!!! i can't pick up channel 620 so i am thinking i have the wrong dish and LNB as well. i ******* hate directv!!! and it hasn't been 24 hrs yet

2. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    looks like they decided to drop bein sports ugh!!!

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It appears "you" are the one who is clueless. EPIX is not included in the Premier Package. It's a add-on service ($5.99 a month).

longhorn23 likes this.
  4. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    customer service is clueless not me... i just went into my online acct and added it. yep wouldn't you know it's an add on!!! i don't know why customer service is saying it's included??? google is gonna be my best friend vs DTV customer service as that went to pot...

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Regardless of the provider always get the name and ID number of the CSR. Tends to keep things honest and professional. Had you had done more research before subscribing you would know what's included with the packages and what's not.

eletric chicken likes this.
  6. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    i'll take your advice on this matter as customer service wasn't what it was like back in the day!!!

7. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    That happened a long time ago

8. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    i think i'll start using google or come on here and ask questions vs calling customer service as she told me they had that channel. i am seeing dtv is not what it used to be!!!

9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I came here in 2002 sounding very much like you. I got help, calm down and ask your questions, this is the best place for answers.

Rich