Has Anyone Heard of This Website?

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by TheRatPatrol, Jul 14, 2019.

1. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    NoDishNoCable.com

My dad asked me about this website, said his neighbor subscribes to it for $25.00 a month and gets over 2,000 channels. I say its too good to be true, sound like a scam to me.

Is this part of Kodi?

Has anyone heard about it?

Thanks

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Does sound too good to be true. Or he could be talking about a Roku streaming box. No dish, no cable needed for any streaming device.

Rich

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Correct. What I’m wondering is where all those channels are coming from, is it a legitimate streaming provider, or are they just grabbing channels from a third party and feeding them over the internet?

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    There is definitely something weird with that website. Looking at No Dish No Cable Blog – No monthly Fees. No Subscription instructions, what they are doing is installing a Kodi access on an Amazon Firestick. Though I used to be up on Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software I am no longer keeping up. But you've always been able to download their software. And the Kodi official disclaimer is:

The official Kodi version does not contain any content whatsoever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.​

But anything is possible, I guess.

5. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Pirate. These schemes generally last at best a handful of weeks/months before disappearing, but a lot of the content folks are starting to get them shut down faster and faster now.

6. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    Some of those IPTV services have been up for longer than a year. The problem is that the content is unreliable and 75€ of the channels are crap.

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I looked at that a couple years ago. Finding anything that was watchable was difficult, if not impossible. My son has friends that use those services and he's watched a couple movies that were still in theaters but the PQ was so bad they gave up on the whole thing. And it's illegal.

Rich