Has Cinemax made more changes to there multiplex channel MovieMAX again?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by coolman302003, Jun 3, 2014.

1. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    I recently noticed R-rated movies at all times of the day in the programming guide for MovieMAX (channel 521), I haven't seen any articles stating any changes but I know when the format change on 6/1/2013 was made (a little over a year ago; from WMax to MovieMAX) they were maintaining a format moderately similar to HBO Family. Broadcasting only family-oriented films, as well as a mix of recent and classic Hollywood hits. All films broadcast on the channel were rated G, PG or PG-13 (or the equivalent TV-G, TV-PG or TV-14).
    Personally, I have no issues whatsoever and am completely fine with them airing R-rated programming at all times but just wondering if anyone else had noticed the changes and/or had a varying opinion?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Ratings are provided so the viewer can decide if the content is appropriate. If it is not they have the means to control the content via Parental Controls. Unfortunately there are some who feel they shouldn't have to take the responsibility and use the Parental Controls.