1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have to cancel - surprised reaction

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CTJon, May 3, 2018.

1. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I am moving to an apartment were lease forbids sat dish plus I have no view of Southern sky. So I called to cancel and got OK - and took my information.
    I'm surprised that they didn't try to convert me to DirecTvnow? Didn't even bring it up. With no DVR currently and no local stations where I live it isn't viable but I'm surprised they didn't even try to convert me

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You never know what you're going to get when you call them.

3. tegelad

tegelad New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Be thankful you didn't get pestered .... I spent 35 minutes on the phone trying to cancel, and a total of 70 minutes on the phone two previous times just to get rid of sports packaging. If I had to hear do you have an AT&T cell phone or how about DirecTV now ... or I can save you $15/mth for our services ...... I was about to scream .... I scanned via quicken to see I spent $6200 on them since Nov 2015 (I have been a customer since May 1995) ... and I said ... I am done with you ... good luck with your Time Warner Merger (ha).

4. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    My Showtime/HBO combined discount expired. Called to get it back. They gave it back. Then offered me another $15 off for 12 mos for being a loyal customer. I never asked and never threatened to leave.

So I got double what I called for. CSR luck I guess.

5. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Active Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Bingo. That should be their slogan. "Directv! You'll never know what you're going to get!"

6. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    You'll have to call the JW's for that! :p

242424 likes this.