Having Issues since 9/30/15 SW update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by macnicol, Oct 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. macnicol

macnicol New Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Newhall, CA
    We've been having issues with 2 of our DVRs since the 9/30/15 software update. Our HR23-700 has been freezing several times a day requiring a red button reset. Our HR24-500 also freezes but more infrequently like every other day and freezes on American Express commercials and must be reset to restart. Called DirecTV and they said they were aware of an issue with freezes on commercials. Logged my input and said they were working on a fix. Anyone else experiencing these issues since the sw updates?

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    The commercial freeze is a known issue that is being worked on. You should not have to restart when that happens, I cant remember the exact procedure but it was something like rewind a few seconds and then do a 30 second skip to jump over the freeze point. The HR23 sounds like a failing DVR and the software update was just coincidental. There is no way it should freeze several times a day.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The work around for the freeze during the commercial is to REW just a bit a FF past the offending commercial. This method will preserve any buffer. Also changing the channel back and forth gets rid of the freeze at the cost of losing the buffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk