Having issues with On Demand. Any ideas or suggestions?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sangs, Jul 13, 2019.

1. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Recently came back to DirecTV, just this past Wednesday. Have experienced On Demand issues since returning. I'm connected to the internet, have tested it and the HR54-700 told me I'm good with speed up to 4k downloads. Am able to download an On Demand program or movie if it's available as a Poster. However, whenever I attempt to go into a list of On Demand programming available, I get the following message every time: "Sorry we have no programs available at this time that match the filter you suggested!" Doesn't matter if it's HBO, CBS, NBC, AMC, whatever. Each time I get that message. Now, obviously, there is supposed to be On Demand programming there. (Yes, I've rebooted. :) ) Hope somebody can figure this out for me. Appreciate the assistance.

upload_2019-7-13_10-51-54.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_10-52-12.jpeg

2. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    So am I boned? Not getting any solutions from AT&T or the forums. Lack of On Demand is going to be a problem if this is the new norm.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Do any of the choices on the left of the screen work ?

4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Nope. Not a one. All lead to the same message. And not just on HBO - on every channel.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is a shot in the dark because I do not have my system connected to the internet.
    I do get messages on my computers that show I am connected to the network but I do not have access to the internet. Most times I have to restart the router to get all the devices an updated connection.
    Have you tried restarting your router ?
    If yes, can you reset the connection information by reset connections to Default and then re-setup the connection like was done when it was connected for the first time ?

compnurd likes this.
  6. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Thanks Jimmie. It's connected using the DECA MOCA connection (coax), not ethernet, but yes, I did restart the router. I know it's connected, because I can download an On Demand program from choosing one of the Posters. For instance, when I choose the Queen movie above, I'm given the option to download - and it works. Unfortunately there are only a handful of such Posters. The lists on the left are useless. Thanks again for the suggestion.

jimmie57 likes this.
  7. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I have been getting the same error with OnDemand. I also get "Cannot connect to Directv" trying to restart a show on all of my reviewers (1 HR54 plus 3 HR24s). Have reset everything and changed out all cabling. They all say they are connected to the internet but interestingly when I go to MyATT it says it says none of my receivers are connected to the internet. When I click on "Reconect" on the site the page crashes.

sangs likes this.
  8. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Just checked my equipment on MyATT app as well. Not only does it list incorrect equipment, it says none of them are connected to the internet. Even though they are. Hmmm...

9. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    It has always said my receivers are not connected to the internet since day 1 at att.com but they always are. You can't trust anything the att.com website tells you.

10. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Mine has my HR54 listed as a Wireless Genie Mini but other than that mine are correct

What sucks about that is that since you are supposed to be able to refresh a receiver you cant be sure that what you did actually went through

11. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I've tried refreshing receivers at att.com and before refreshing it says:

"Lots of issues can be fixed by refreshing your equipment.
    Many common problems, such as missing channels, can be easily fixed by re-sending signal to the receiver you're having trouble with. This process is called "refreshing" a receiver. It’ll take approximately 5 minutes.
    Please note that you won’t be able to watch TV while we refresh your equipment."

But it actually only takes about 5 seconds instead of minutes and I can watch TV while it says it is doing it so I am fairly certain that does not work either at att.com.