1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBO blinking channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by iamqnow, Jul 13, 2010.

1. iamqnow

iamqnow Legend

Dec 26, 2007
    Recently I (we) got more HBO-HD, 2 more channels actually. Channel 502 "blinks" at least once a minute. It does this on all 3 of my receivers. No other channel seems to have a problem. has anyone else seen this? I live on the right coast, at the Joisey Shore.

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Working fine here Im on Long Island NY

3. welshdalek

welshdalek Cool Member

Apr 26, 2009
    it's been blinking here too in phoenix, az for the last few days..
    very annoying!!

4. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Have done an reset or refreshed your services? Either of those may help.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try changing your video connection to component and see if the situation doesn't improve.

6. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Interesting, I had a similar issue for about a day on the History Channel. I didn't think that much about it and now it's fine.

7. iamqnow

iamqnow Legend

Dec 26, 2007
    I will do a reset rbr and let you know. Have done so many lately for different issues I just didn't feel like another one. Mid-stream this should not be required but the Borg and Klingons don't quit. I will not be assimilated!

8. rainbowblack

rainbowblack New Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I have the same issue with hr24-500. The picture blinks damn near every minute. I also have the audio hiccup problem on a bunch of channels so I'm just about completely fed up with directv. What a joke!!!!

9. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Had the same regular blinking picture problem on the HallMark-HD channel back on 7/3. Screwed up a recording of "Dolly Celebrates 25 Years of Dollywood" at the time my sister recorded for a friend on her HR24-500 to be burned later to a DVD.

All normal now since I last watched the channel though.

10. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    My wife says she has seen this problem move from channel to channel over the past several days.

11. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Do Not do an RBR in this case. If possible, always do a Menu Restart.

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Restart

Only do an RBR when you have no other choice such as no response from the remote and the front panel.

When you do an RBR on a DVR you don’t know what the read/write state of the hard drive is. It’s like randomly pressing the reset button on your PC.

Doing a Menu Restart is the preferred method of restarting a receiver.

Mike

12. JJJBBB

JJJBBB Godfather

May 26, 2007
    Checked and same here... a flash of black screen every minute or so on Hallmark HD Channel. This is new. Checked my signals and all sats are very strong.

13. iamqnow

iamqnow Legend

Dec 26, 2007
    You are correct. A menu restart is always the preferred first attempt. Been so busy the past few days I have not done it yet, but keep in mind, it's on all 3 receivers.

14. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    Encore HD is doing this **** at this very moment. :mad::mad::mad:

15. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Seems like a lot of D12 channels are blinking right now.

16. Cannibalc

Cannibalc New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    I have run into this problem on two occasions over the last few weeks. Last week on HBO2 HD during Curb your Enthusiasm and again last night on SHOWTIME 2 HD during PENN & TELLER. In both occurrences blinking persists every 3-4 seconds but not for the entire duration of the shows. Annoying to say the least... Hopefully the problem is just a temporary feed issue. At first I thought my receiver (HR23-700) was to blame but perhaps not since others are experiencing the same issue.

17. noble1557

noble1557 Cool Member

Sep 10, 2003
    CSNBayArea has also been blinking all afternoon

18. Gary*W*

Gary*W* Legend

Sep 19, 2007
    I noticed blinking on Showtime HD Thursday night during "The Green Room W/ Paul Provenza"

19. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    It is NOT video cable related, as I can reproduce it by simply rewinding. This is a glitch in the stream from DirecTV, and it needs to be addressed. My normally video quality passive wife alerted me to it on Lifetime HD, so I know it's now officially an issue in our house. It seems to be happening more/only on the new D12 channels (Hallmark, Lifetime, Encore HD's).

20. R0am3r

R0am3r Legend

Sep 20, 2008
    The blinking channel bug is back today. I'm watching Encore HD on channel 535 and the James Bond movie (Octopussy) is blinking every 30 - 45 seconds.