1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBO, CINEMAX 6 MONTH OFFERS

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mell30, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mell30

mell30 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Hi there......i signed up with Directv in April of this year with a 1 year commitment they offered me hbo,cinemax for 6 months free i guess until october...i even added showtime and starz cause i love watching movies...now my question is ....can i ask them again for another 6 months when the freebie has expired...just thought i would ask.......thanks melanie:hi:

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    :lol:

You can ask... :D

3. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Dish Network has also said that the offer has expired as of July 31st. I doubt they will do an exceptions as this was probably an offer with HBO helping out.

4. Snopple

Snopple Cool Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey Mel,

Welcome to the forum. As someone already pointed out, you can always ask. I don't think any of these promotions are set in stone. If they value your business and are afraid you'll leave if you don't get another six months, they just may accommodate you.

But if you like movies, I think there better ways to spend your money. Netflix <http://www.netflix.com> allows you unlimited DVD rentals for about $20 a month. Keep the movies as long as you want, send it back when you're ready, and they'll you the next one on your list. This way you can get just the movies you want. Best of all, no due dates or late fees to worry about.

5. mell30

mell30 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey snopple...thanks for the welcome...i did see Netflix...i like their deal too but then..hubby pays the db bill so i just sit back and watch....great site....thanks again.......mel

6. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Netflix a lot cheaper than all the movie channels but then you can watch the movie channels and more movies 24/7 with a lot less hassle. Two movie packages at ~$20 would be just as good wouldnt it?

7. mell30

mell30 Cool Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Hi jacob, yes it would but don't have a DVD player yet..i have it on the computer but can't sit in front of a computer monitor and enjoy the movie it isn't the same as sitting on a comfortable couch and watch it....and we live in a apt we are waiting to move in our house in the new year then hubby will get his big screen and surround sound and all the other goodies and then i will think about getting netflix.......lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.