Hbohd

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by patrick77, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick77

patrick77 Cool Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I currently have a SD package with E* and I also have the HBO package. I have an HDTV on order and I need to decide what HD E* package to go with. Is HBOHD an HD mirror of SD HBO East? If so I think I can live without all of the extra HBO's as long as I can get Soprano's, Deadwood, and all the original HBO programming. The Silver HD package that includes HBO HD and Showtime HD seems to be a pretty decent deal.

Thanks

2. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Yes the HBOHD is a clone of HBO East. But I thought you had to get dish Platinum for HBO/SHO HD, or have a subscription to them. I just checked again, and they only show up under Platinum not Silver. You might want to dbl check

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Its still included if you have HBO package. No requirement for Platinum (or any metal package).

4. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    To get HBO HD or Showtime HD you must subscribe to HBO or Showtime.
    They are NOT part of any "HD" package.

5. patrick77

patrick77 Cool Member

Jun 9, 2006

I see. Kind of misleading.

6. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    They are part of the Platinum package as are all the other movie packages.
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/popups/programming/comparison/hd/index.asp
    If you have Bronze, Silver, Gold, and have a Subscription to HBO or Showtime then you get the HD version as well. Platinum has EVERYTHING INCLUDED, except for superstations and your Local's.

7. patrick77

patrick77 Cool Member

Jun 9, 2006
    OK, the Silver package says it includes 26 HD channels. Then below it lists 30 HD channels. I assume the 4 that you don't get are HBOHD, ShowtimeHD, StarzHD, and what else?

8. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    National Geographic HD, I believe somebody posted that had to be Gold or Better

9. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Right if you subscribe to HBO, Showtime or now STARZ(YEE HAW) will will get them without a metal package, but since he was looking at a metal package Silver, Just didn't want him to go down that road of being mislead by the fine print.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.