HD Broadcast Network Waiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Twill812, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Twill812

Twill812 Cool Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Hello All. First post. I've been reconing here for months and finally decide to chirp in. On 3 Aug 08, had new HR21-100 activated and I mention to tech about receiving LA HD feed. (Get local SD feed). He made the call to DTV, got the LA-ABC feed instantly and a network waiver request for the other. Yesterday recieved a plain postcard size response from DTV labeled "Broadcast Network Waiver Results" It was a no-go for the other (NBC, CBS, Fox). I was surpised since the HD LA-ABC was granted and not the others. My DMA is 124 and I don't except local HD anytime soon. Should I request for a free AM21 since the CSR never mention the need or suck it up and fork out the money?

Thanks for any advice. This site and you guys are Army Superior Unit Award Worthy.

Attached Files:

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    You don't have a digital OTA signal from ABC hence the eligibility. The other channels give you a decent OTA signal.
    You can call and ask the CSR for a deal on the AM21, you don't have anything to lose! Otherwise just fork out the $50.

3. JDubbs413

JDubbs413 Icon

Sep 4, 2007
    Aren't networks getting rid of OTA in Feb? It would be pretty pointless in that case to buy an antenna.

4. generalpatton78

generalpatton78 Godfather

Dec 17, 2003
    I sure hope your being sarcastic!

5. AacidusX

AacidusX AllStar

Apr 3, 2007
    they are cancelling OTA signal in NTSC format and will only use ATSC... So, OTA will still be alive.

6. kw2957

kw2957 Godfather

Apr 4, 2008
    I'm sure that is a fantasy of the CEOs of the Satellite/Cable companies! :lol: :D :lol:

7. generalpatton78

generalpatton78 Godfather

Dec 17, 2003
    Man I was starting to think the word was getting out and people knew about what was going to happend in Feb 09. Now I'm starting to think this is going to be bigger then Y2k:lol: .

8. kw2957

kw2957 Godfather

Apr 4, 2008
    Haha! :lol:

9. mauijiminar

mauijiminar Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    WELL SAID! LOL

10. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Well, all we’d need is for two people not to be able to watch TV and it would be bigger than Y2K! Seriously, I only know of two people that use OTA and both of them are doing it on HDTV’s with ATSC tuners. My wife has a small NTSC-only handheld TV that she sometimes uses in the bathroom while in the tub or getting ready for work in the mornings. I guess I’m going to have to install a TV and D* receiver in there for her by February!

11. Tower Guy

Tower Guy Godfather

Jul 27, 2005
    You could simply connect an antenna to your HDTV set and watch the local HD signals without a DirecTV receiver.