1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD connecting ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Fl_Gulfer, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Legend

Apr 28, 2005
    I have a HDTV that has a DVI and a Component connection, 3 RCA and 2 Ant-In connections. I have my DVD player connected to the Component and the D* H10-250 to the DVI I also have another HDTV box I want to connect is there anyway to connect it to the TV and get HD?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    You would need to get a component or DVI/HDMI switch box.

3. redskin9

redskin9 AllStar

Oct 12, 2005
    Ck out www.monoprice.com. They have a 2 and 5 port HDMI switcher available. I personally have the 2 port with their economical 3 ft HDMI cables and haven't had any complaints about the video quality.

4. dsanbo

dsanbo Legend

Nov 25, 2005
    There MAY be a SLIGHT wait on the 5-port HDMI switch....A shipment was due in this week, I believe....with more coming around the 15th, if I understood Sean's response in another thread correctly.....(BTW, IMHO....It's worth the short wait, if a 5-port is what you're looking for....;) )Good luck!

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I just installed the new 5-port HDMI switch from monoprice. So far so good. As the previous post stated, a second shipment coming in mid march. Agreed, well worth the wait.

6. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Legend

Apr 28, 2005
    I got a Manual Component Cable 5 port switch box for 40 bucks, Couldn't find a Remote one. and didn't need a HDMI since my TV dosen't have that just the DVI and 2 Component.

7. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Legend

Nov 8, 2004
    I got a component four port switch box from Radio Shack for I think $50.00... don't remember. I have my component DVD player and RCA tube HDTV plugged into it via the H20. Manually or remotely controlled.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.