1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Discussion: Starz (Channels 518-533)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Doug Brott, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. Bowtaz3

Bowtaz3 Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    I am a starz subscriber. But when I turn to Starz HD now it says channel not purchased?????? Why can't I get it when I'm a starz subscriber????

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Can you see the other HD Channels ok? If so, try resending your authorizations.

4. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

Stupid question, but is that done by a simple reset?

5. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Also verify you have Starz HD listed on your account activity. If not you could try changing programming to force the billing system to add it. You don't have to actually change anything just click all done and accept changes.

6. Bowtaz3

Bowtaz3 Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    Yeah is this all I have to do? Thanks

7. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Starz Kids & Family - Channel 518
    Starz Comedy - Channel 519
    Starz - Channel 520
    Starz West - Channel 521
    Starz Edge - Channel 522

8. Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal AllStar

Jan 15, 2006
    SO FAR, I'm getting the "Channel not purchased" message for the HI-DEF Starz, even though I have a subscription. Dug in the D* website to see if that was an added premium to the existing STARZ, but couldn't find anything. So, am assuming this is just a temporary techno thing for now???

Oh yes, all other new HI-DEF channels which I have had a chance to check look gorgeous with my setup. Just the STARZ HI-DEF is doing this.

9. kirkusinnc

kirkusinnc AllStar

Apr 24, 2006
    I'm also getting "Channel not purchased" on the new HD Starz channels. The SD ones are fine...

Other HD channels are also okay...

10. nn8l

nn8l Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    I'm getting them here. Maybe go to D*'s web site and refresh your programming.

11. Jnetty99

Jnetty99 AllStar

Sep 12, 2007
    I'm getting the same thing on all the Starz HD channels.
    code 721

All my other HD and Movie channels are working correctly.

12. jeffcarp

jeffcarp AllStar

Oct 20, 2002
    Glad I'm not the only one. If you tune Starz channel manually from the guide, they come in if you pick the SD version. They do not come in if you type in the channel. I get the 721 error.

Called CSR who sent me to support. They did a "repeat guided setup" that did not fix it. Then they put me on hold and claimed it is a known issue. They said the channels "should gradually come in over the next 24 hours."

13. Wildcat

Wildcat Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    All were working this morning on one of our receivers (the non-DVR) and I didn't have time to check the other one. The only problem I saw was that 518 had some BAD break-ups and freezes going on...not sure if it's the channel or the movie...

Also, I thought that when you tuned to a channel, it would automatically go to the HD version, but that didn't appear to happen...though I was tired and it may have been...not sure.

14. byrdpack

byrdpack AllStar

Jan 17, 2007
    You need to delete and add back HD Access either through directv.com or by calling. I called and they refreshed HD Access and everything is working now!

15. iowaberg

iowaberg Godfather

May 24, 2007
    So we can refresh our services through the D* website and that should work?

16. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
  17. byrdpack

byrdpack AllStar

Jan 17, 2007
    I can't wait to crank up the DVR for these channels! Lots of good movies to record.

18. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Refreshing doesn't always work. If it doesn't try removing the package that has the error then re-add this forces the system to add the appropriate HD authorization associated (Starz HD, Sports HD, Cinemax HD).

19. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    Are all movies in HD on all 5 Starz channels??? If I go to Starz website it doesn't look like it unless I'm missing something.

Thanks

20. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Not all the movies are in HD, but all of the Starz channels do have a good amount available in HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.