1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVR Installation Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by sgoyal78, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sgoyal78

sgoyal78 Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I'm switching from Dish to Directv. I currently have DISH 1000 plus on 1 5/8 mount pole and Directv guy is coming tomorrow to install my dish. I just wanted to find out if they install slimline 3 or slimline 5 dish for Premium Package. I don't have any international channel.

Because I know that he'd need 2"OD pole for Slimline 5 and I don't want to go thru this pain again.

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    All HD installations require the Slimline dish which uses a 2" OD mount.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    A sympathetic installer might be willing to use an adapter to turn your pole into a 2" OD pole. Sometimes the 2" pole will slip over the 1 5/8' pole. Just bolt them together. Don't do this if it is a roof mount.

4. sgoyal78

sgoyal78 Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    it's on the ground (4.5 ft pole 2 ft inside and 2.5 outside) and I've a very clear LOS. I'll see if he can slip (2" OD adapter) over the 1 5/8' pole. hopefully he doesn't make big deal out of it. I've no problem if he charges me money for the adapter ($10-$20)

Thank you so all of you for your suggestion and help.

5. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Just for further clarification, the Slimline 3 and Slimline 5 both actually use the same reflector/pole. The only difference is the LNB itself at the end of the arm and they actually are interchangeable on the reflector/pole.