DBSTalk Forum banner

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, Version 0x06D8 -- Issues/Discussion

24K views 219 replies 40 participants last post by  bnwrx 
#1 ·
This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, version 0x06D8.

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/205323-hx2x-0x06d8/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

#2 ·
[MOD EDIT]

I have had numerous occasions where the HR24-500 guide still loads slowly or the remote does not respond. I'll be interested to see if others who have had problems have had their issues resolved or if they continue to have problems as well.

Here are my Report IDs from when I've experienced slowness on my HR24 [MOD EDIT]

Report ID #: 20130518-2E28
Report ID #: 20130519-2F12
Report ID #: 20130520-2803

#3 ·
LiQiCE said:
but for those HR24-500 owners hoping it fixes the slowness entirely - I am sorry to say it does not fix it for me.
Unbelievable. They know which software version initiated the problem, but haven't been able to identify and back-out the problem code for two months. :angry: I have an HR24-100, so maybe I'll get lucky in the software roulette.

#4 ·
[MOD EDIT]
---

Latest slowness report -

Report ID #: 20130522-34C3
HR24-500 using 0x06D8

Came home at a little before 5pm (EDT) - turned on the TV and pressed Guide - it came up right away no delay - goodness. But then I changed channels and then tried to open up the Playlist, it came up right away but it froze, remote would not respond to commands for about 20 seconds. I then exited back to Live TV, pressed the playlist again and then pressed the "Yellow" button to bring up the Options - the HR24 froze again - this time for about 60 seconds before it finally responded -- I was trying to switch to "Local Only" playlist to see if that prevents it from freezing. BTW- After submitting the report I then went back to the Playlist which is now Local Only and it still froze, so that didn't help me.

I will continue to post Report IDs whenever I experience slowness - I am hoping one of these reports helps Directv track down the problem. If I am overdoing it, please let me know.

If this matters: I am using MRV, hooked up via Ethernet to one other HR23/700 and connected to the Internet

The HR24-500 is connected to a Yamaha RX-V1900 Receiver via HDMI and then to a Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-141FD

I don't think this is hardware related (at least not like a bad Hard drive) since others are having similar problems and some have gotten a replacement HR24 which does not fix the problem.

To do List only has 23 items, Series Manager has 34 items, Queue has 0 items, History has 223 items - Oh I have one Keyword search ("AALL HDTV RANGERS NNOT PREGAME" in the Sports -> Hockey category).

Hopefully that covers all the information needed.

#5 ·
Report ID #: 20130522-3A52
HR24-500, 0x06D8

9:30pm - Watching Live TV since about 8pm, pressed the guide button and it took about 60 seconds to come up. During this time the HR24 is completely frozen until the guide data is populated.

Here is a picture of what my HR24 looks like for about 60 seconds when nothing is happening, note that not even the date/time is populated at this point - the screen is completely blank. Live TV plays smoothly in the preview window the entire time:

#7 ·
samthegam said:
My HR24-500 downloaded 0x06D7 overnight. It had upgraded from 0x06BD

In the Extras menu I have Pandora but lost YouTube. Also "My DirecTV" says to check back later.
Give it at least 24 hours and as much as 48 to load all the features from the time the software update was downloaded and installed.

#8 ·
Report ID #: 20130523-46F4
HR24-500 0x06D8

Turned on the receiver after work today - around 5:40pm.

Pressing the guide button immediately after turning on the receiver resulted in a 40 second delay.

Pressing the Playlist button - no issues, was able to switch from local playlist to all playlist (yellow button) with no problems.

Then tried to turn off Closed Captioning (yellow button, arrow keys) - no problem

Then tried to turn on Closed Captioning - pressing the yellow button resulted in no action, frozen for over a minute, pressing other buttons like Guide results in no response.

Then went to the Playlist - started a program, no problems.

Then went to the Menu to submit a report - froze at the Search & Browse menu - menu does not load (no icons or text on the right hand side) even though it is highlighted - frozen for about 40 seconds - then was able to go down to submit a report.

#10 ·
LIQICE

I could have missed it but you made no mention of resetting the receiver after getting the update.
I always reset my receivers, just like with my PCs.
Menu, Settings, Reset, Reset Receiver.

#11 ·
jimmie57 said:
LIQICE

I could have missed it but you made no mention of resetting the receiver after getting the update.
I always reset my receivers, just like with my PCs.
Menu, Settings, Reset, Reset Receiver.
Thanks - I've tried that before. Cleared the guide cache even (reset twice in a 30 min period) - also reset again on Thursday - did not help. Only thing I haven't tried so far is pulling the plug. I doubt pulling the plug would help though since I tried it with 0x66C and 0x6BD and it didn't help with the slowness issues on either of those releases.

I had no issues at all with the NR before 0x66C (I think it was 0x62C) - all the issues started with 0x66C and have yet to be resolved for me.

#12 ·
VENTING HERE!!!! Wow I haven't vented in a long time, but here goes...
I had hoped this version of firmware would finally be the answer, but no. Several recordings(4-5) with this version have started out OK but a minute into them all video stops,but the audio continues. No amount of "fooling" with the recording ever makes it recover. After the 1st 2 problems, I started backing up on my other HR( an HR21) Without these backups my wifes season finals for "Dancing" would have been lost as well as my F1 and Indy 500 programs. These were ALL unwatchable! So many inputs from the remote take SO LONG to respond to, minutes sometimes. After a year with this HR34, this should not be happening. Until version 66c my 34 worked really well. The auto-correct never has been good, but all other functions were fine. It seems people with the "mini-clients" have seen some improvement but for my system(without them) these versions have made me want to scream!! Come on DTV get this fixed!!!
There....Thank you...

Reactions: GreenScrew
#15 ·
dravenstone said:
Yep - still broken, same crappy symptoms. the trick from the other thread where you pull the network connection while it's frozen seems to help a little bit to get things going again.
So disappointed in how long this has been going on.
Could you elaborate on this? Details....Link to thread...?

#16 ·
bnwrx said:
Could you elaborate on this? Details....Link to thread...?
dravenstone and I found on the previous National Release (0x06BD) that hooking up our HR24's via Ethernet instead of DECA reduced the occurrence of freezes or in some cases reduces the length of the freeze. We then also found that when the receiver is acting up (over time it seems to get worse) - that unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in seems to help as well.

If you're not familiar with DECA or Ethernet - a quick Google search should help you.

#18 ·
We got the upgrade for our HR 24-500 and we lost our whole home capability..Reset 3 times after 3 days it upgraded and added adult playlist..All the extras were complete... Had a tech come out and he said it could take as much as 5 days to completely accept the upgrade... The upgrade also included immediate playback of on demand... Not happy with the length of time it takes to upgrade the system... Wait till cloud based technology takes over... It's not perfected yet...People who have it from Comcast can't wait to get rid of it... :blackeye:

#19 ·
PHIL56 said:
. Had a tech come out and he said it could take as much as 5 days to completely accept the upgrade...
WHDVR should be working "right out the box". the longer it would take would be 5minutes.

#20 ·
PHIL56 said:
We got the upgrade for our HR 24-500 and we lost our whole home capability..Reset 3 times after 3 days it upgraded and added adult playlist..All the extras were complete... Had a tech come out and he said it could take as much as 5 days to completely accept the upgrade... The upgrade also included immediate playback of on demand... Not happy with the length of time it takes to upgrade the system... Wait till cloud based technology takes over... It's not perfected yet...People who have it from Comcast can't wait to get rid of it... :blackeye:
What cloud technology does comcast have?

#23 ·
jibberyerkibber said:
I talked with my case manager yesterday. She said 0x06d8 was for the HR34 and HR44, She said that there was no 0x06d8 software for any other receivers. That's what she said.
Take a look here where they track the versions of software for the different models.
http://www.redh.com/dtv/

#25 ·
I have a quick question ? I was just on firmware watcher and it say 06BD Is inactive for the HR23, What does that mean? Is new software on the horizon? Thanks:wub:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app
I think you got 1 line off maybe.

HR23-700 0x06BD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.