1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Extra Pack

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Bofurley, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I currently have the Total Choice package (which is no longer available).
    So, when I go to the web site to sign up for the HD extra pack, I find that I must also change my package one of the new packages, the choices are "choicextra/plus....or premier.
    Is this correct?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I have not signed up yet, but that should have no effect on your current package. I have Total Choice Plus, as well, and I have made changes in the past without having to give up my "grandfathered" package.

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    My understanding is you should just click past the first several screens (without making changes) to get to the option to add HD Extra. It shouldn't change your base package then.

4. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    You're exactly right.

5. Blueoctober

Blueoctober New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    I have Total Choice Plus as well and I have not been able to find HD Pack any where on thier website! I have been thru all the screens twice. I also talked to a CSR for a about a half an hour and he put me on hold twice for a few minutes nd said I was okay. It's frustrating when you know more than the CSR. I'll wait untill they turn me off. I have to beg them to take my money!!

6. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    The HD Extra Pack is under the "Services" tab in the "Change Programmming" screens. Just click that tab. click on HD Extra, click continue. If continue leaves you on the Options screen, just click the "Changes Summary" tab and complete the order.

7. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007

I keep getting a Blank Screen when I try to get to Change Programming?

8. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    If you go to "change programming" under the Account tab on the left it'll bring up a screen with the different base packages. At the bottom it should say, "ou are currently subscribed to a package that we no longer offer, however you can choose to retain this package if you like." To the right of it is a "Keep" box that should be checked. Just keep hitting "Continue Making Selections" until you get to the HD Extra package. It's 5 or 6 pages in.

9. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    Are you logged in? Even though the site recognized my computer and said "Hello Chris" at the top of the page I still had to log in.

10. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007

Yup I am Logged In. I have tried both Firefox and IE.

11. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    I don't know what to tell you. I'm using Firefox and it works for me. Sorry.

12. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Adding a package, likes SportsPack, a sports sub, or the HD Extra Pack should NOT affect your current package. I also am still under an old package.

13. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007

Thanks, I even booted to Vista OS on another Hard Drive and still got the Blank Screen. I can go to Pay for View or Update Hardware and page pops right up just not Update Programming....:confused:

14. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I finally made the switch yesterday with no problems, I still have my original package as well as the east coast feed.
    Thanks to all

15. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    Well I glad I didn't add the $4.99 package last night,I am still getting the 6 channels this morning,guess I'll just wait and see...;)

16. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas

As has been mentioned thousands of times over the last several months, the preview goes through today.

17. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    Oh..OK,I thought it started on the 15th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.