HD Locals: Davenport, IA-Rock Island, IL

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Davenport, IA-Rock Island, IL
    Established: 10/22/2008

2. poonjahb

poonjahb Mentor

Mar 16, 2004
    CW - KGCW (26) and PBS - WQPT (24) are both showing in the list twice even though I have all of my receivers (HR20-100, HR20-700 and H20-100) set to hide SD duplicates. Also, there does not appear to be any HD programming on the PBS (WQPT) channel even though it is showing as WQPTDT-24 in the channel description.

Also, I'm not sure if it is normal or not, but all of the other locals are coming in with pillars on all of my receivers even though I have the receivers all set to stretch.

3. PhatHD

PhatHD AllStar

Oct 27, 2007
    I cannot get WHBF channel 4-2 thru my Antenna system hooked thru my HR20-700. I reran the entire setup on the HR20-700. My friend gets it thru his RCA Digital Converter Box he got with the $40 coupon on his antenna system.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Added PBS - KQIN (36) to the lineup

5. allen7261

allen7261 New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    My wife has complained to me that the BritComs have not been carried Iowa Public Television channel 36 (KQIN) for several weeks now (they are supposed to be).

Tonight, Tuesday, Dec 30, I monitored what DirecTV was transmitting for IPTV channel 36 (KQIN) at 8pm and 9pm.

At 8pm, Frontline was on. At 9pm, Independent Lens was on. These programs were also shown on DirecTV’s TV guide for KQIN at 8pm and 9pm.

I reviewed IPTV's program schedule on their website. These two programs were incorrectly being transmitted by DirecTV. The correct programs The Iowa Journal and Torturing Democracy should have been transmitted at 8pm and 9pm respectively.

Apparently DirecTV is incorrectly picking up and transmitting IPTV channel xx.1. DirecTV should be picking up and transmitting IPTV channel xx.2.

I have talked to IPTV's broadcasting engineer, John Stone (stone@iptv.org), and he agrees with my conclusions.

Please let me know if that is what is happening. I hope that DirecTV will take corrective action.

I appreciate your help on this. Frankly, I am surprised no one else has noticed this and complained to either DirecTV or IPTV sooner.

Thanks,

Allen Harvey

6. Brewsta

Brewsta AllStar

Sep 2, 2007
    KLJB FOX 18's HD channel is not coming in at all. All I'm getting is a blank, black screen. This is happening right now at 12:03 PM local time on an HR20 receiver. All other HD locals are coming in just fine including KWQC, WQAD, and WHBF.

Just sayin'.