1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Locals: Fargo-Valley City, ND

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Alan Gordon, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    DMA: Fargo-Valley City, ND
    Established: 11/14/12

2. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    For crying out loud there must be someone that is enjoying this new addition. How about some comments.
    How is the PQ? Do all of the channels have DD 5.1 audio.
    Doesn't anyone in the Fargo market watch tv?

3. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    LOL - we watch plenty of TV, just not a lot of locals. I updated our series recordings a few days ago and it looks like Grimm recorded in HD. I have Family Guy set to record tonight and we also have Antiques Roadshow setup on PBS but I don't know if there's any in the list yet for that.

PQ is good - much better than the crap we had been watching. I'm glad I don't have to watch any more football in SD and I get to see the Super Bowl in HD as well. Haven't had any issues with tiling or any audio dropouts - everything seems to be working well. Can't test DD-5.1 as I don't have any 5.1 audio systems to attach to.

4. redfield99

redfield99 New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Although I am not home to specifically verify all channels in DD5.1, PQ is on par with most other HD channels. Local news broadcasts seem very clear and network shows are as expected. This is saying something also as I am fairly picky. (I don't even browse the SD channels on my guide..)

I do have a full 7.1 system and the one little thing I have experienced so far is that in the most recent episode of Revolution, I heard a pretty significant 'leveling' of sounds during action at one point.. meaning instead of it getting louder, everything was actually quieter.

I should be able to report more in the coming week as I record and watch some network shows.

5. sprouts

sprouts New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    KVLY is really glitchy this morning during the parade. Very pixelated at times.

6. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    I would be very interested in knowing which, if any, of the Fargo locals broadcast a DD 5.1 signal. Or if anyone could tell me how I could look up this information on my own. Thanks

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    This site is pretty good for that;

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php

Click on the link for market 134 for Fargo.

Then when you click on the links of individual stations within the market, their broadcast signal attributes are displayed,

1 person likes this.
  8. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Thanks HoTat2.