1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD locals question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Ben, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben

Ben Cool Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Hey guys,

Newbie here. I have searched for awhile now but am unsure of a few things regarding channels. In a month or so I will be most likely moving to Bishop, CA (93514). I currently have DTV here in Iowa but am wondering about HD offereings I will receive in Bishop. When I type in my new zip code it tells me I will be able to get LA locals. By reading on the forums I learned that both NBC and CBS are O&O markets for the respective cities. Does one have to subscribe to the local channels in order to get the HD feeds for the national feeds or do they have to subscribe to just the HD package or both? I am also quite a ways away from LA, in fact a lot closer to San Francisco than LA. One last question, is it possible to get both the East Coast and West coast feeds for the HD channels?

I have also gone to the Directv eligiblity site and typed in the address and it showed me that I would be elegible for the National feeds for everything except CBS. Would this allow me to get the HD National feeds for everything except CBS? Sorry for all the questions but I am just trying to get my ducks in a row before moving. The CSR's at Directv are not much help on this issue.

If anyone can put some insight on my situation I would greatly appreciate the help in this matter.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Fredfa

Fredfa AllStar

Mar 27, 2003
    If D* tells you that you will be eligible for national feeds, that would include HD (when it becomes available.)
    You might try to see why you are not eligible for the CBS feed.

3. Ben

Ben Cool Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks for info. I will check into the cbs ineligibility. I just got the info off of the DTV site when it asked for my zip. One more question, can a person on the West coast receive the East coast feed as well in regards to DNS?

Ben

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    If you are eligible for DNS, you will get both coast feeds.

5. Fredfa

Fredfa AllStar

Mar 27, 2003
    Yes, Ben.
    In my case I have waivers, so I get both east and west coast feeds.
    If you qualify for distant networks you should get both in SD, but, without waivers, most likely only the west coast feed in HD.

6. Ben

Ben Cool Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks for the info guys will see how it goes. Do to the fact that I am eligible for the distant networks, I should be able to get both east and west coast HD network feeds. Is that correct? Or can I only get that if I get a waiver? In my case the waiver should already be in place if I understand all this stuff correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.