DBSTalk Forum banner

HD Locals: Rockford, IL

5K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  scarzy 
#1 ·
DMA: Rockford, IL
Established: 11/19/2008

#2 ·
Something is weird with channel 14 (The CW) It shows up twice in the guide, but one of them is really broadcasting channel 13 (NBC) in stretch-o-vision, the other is the actual CW network. I don't know if this is just a bug or what.

Guide being used is CIG & hide SD duplicates.

Channel(s) affected = 14
Date = 11/19/08
Time = last checked around 8:00 pm
Description of Issue = above

#3 ·
Ok after 13-1 & 13-2(CW) made the switch today I get a 771 error for 13-2 on my HR21-100. I also get a searching for signal on my HR10-250 for both 13-1 & 13-2. Is anyone else in here having the same problem? I restarted both recievers. NO change. Also I checked signal strength and it's around 100% Not sure whats up. If I go through my TV's tuner I have no problem. Any input would be great. Thanks

#4 ·
I received the 771 error on both my hr20-700 boxes last night and went through the local channel setup screen again. Now I get 13-1 but 13-2 keeps searching for signal. Like you, I get 100% for signal strength on both channels. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#7 ·
scarzy,
New info. Tina from wrex called me back last night and they are aware of the problems with dierctv recievers and said that we need to call directv daily until this problem is fixed. She said that they need to update their data base for Rockford location. I sent off two emails and I plan on calling today. So if you know of anyone with our situation have them call.

#9 ·
Update. I got a call at work today from Directv in response to my email. Wow that was truley a shock. He had me call him back personaly when I got home from work. I told him that I was trying to reset everything with the reciever. I told him about wrex13 and the data update. He wasn't sure about that but was willing to listen to what I had to say. I also learned today on this web site about Tribune Media Center that has the codes that will work betweem local network and directv. I told him about and they need to be updated. He had a top notch engineer in the office and put me on hold. He came back and said that he learned alot from this guy and they are working to fix this. He told me to keep scanning everyday and it should be good within a week. I'll call him back in a week if it isn't taken care of. Wow he was a super guy and passed all of our information to the tech.

#13 ·
Still having problems with my bedroom HR20-700 but I think it is the fault of the antenna I am using up there. I have a Philips MANT940 and I think it only pulls UHF digital channels. If I am correct, when WREX made the switch, it is now in the VHF band. I guess I will need to get a new antenna for the bedroom.

#16 ·
I am trying to avoid drilling holes in the bedroom walls and such. I am only 20 or so miles from the towers. I ordered a Winegard SS-3000 Sharp Shooter 3000 Indoor UHF/VHF Antenna open box from Solid Signal and set it up in the bedroom tonight. After getting it positioned correctly, it gets 17, 23, and 39 at 90% or above. Channel 13 is around 80%. WREX seems to be one that I have the most trouble receiving up there. All is good now.

I had no issues with 23-1 or 23-2 in bedroom but went through the antenna setup before doing any checks because of the new antenna. However, they are out in living room. I did the antenna setup again in living room and all is good now. I wonder what changed?

#18 ·
Unbelievable - I am working from home today and neither bedroom or living room can pick up 23-2 accuweather. It seems very similar to 13-2 from last week. I get a signal around 98-100% on both tvs but getting the 771 error. I tired the antenna setup with no success this time. This one is out. However, 23-1 has been fine since the antenna setup on both tvs I completed yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.