hd locals

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by jeftut, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeftut

jeftut New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    does anybody have a time frame when shreveport,la will get hd locals?

2. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    When it gets done.

3. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I swear that every one of these forums needs to have a sticky thread labeled: When will [insert ciyty name here] be available? And merge every thread like this to that one.

No disrespect intended jeftut. It's just that before with SD and now with HD, there is at least one thread a week asking the same question with a different city name in the question.

The answer is always the same. We don't know. All the info that is available has been posted here. You can bet that if anyone here knows anything more, it will be shared. Keep an eye open especially on the "uplink activity" threads.

Welcome to DBSTalk Jeftut.

See ya
    Tony

4. rdr

rdr Cool Member

Jan 19, 2006
    This is no way to run a business. Someone should be able to say, your city is projected for HD next week, next month,sometime in July, next July, March 2015, or whatever. Or explain why a projection can't be provided.

5. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I think e* is tired of people being mad at them when their predictions do not come as promised. It seems "I don't know." is a better answer than "I'm sorry, but . . ." or "Due to unseen circumstances . . ."

6. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Dish tried the time frame thing, When their plans don't pan out due to technical reasons, contractual reason, or other reasons beyond their control, the normal reaction is "Charlie lied to me. He PRRRROmissed!" Hatred, anger and unconsolable disappointment. So, no "he" keeps his mouth shut.

Again, this has been going on since the first introduction of local channels in SD in 1998.

See ya
    Tony

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
  8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Not projected for 2006.

9. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    In the final analysis, the provider's Magic 8 Ball doesn't work any better than anyone elses. They have a plan, but there are many technical, financial and legal hurdles that may or may not be an issue. They offer service based on a couple of simple premises:

1. There's sufficient interest in the marketplace

2. They have the satellite capacity to serve that market.

Premise 2 dictates that premise 1 be watched very closely. HD is an order of magnitude greater in bandwidth expense to deliver. Premise 1 shifts with the winds; especially the winds of late in Louisiana.

Do you know when you're going to eat Greek food next? You have all these choices available and you have to choose today when you'll visit each of them next?

10. bmichura

bmichura New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    I would like the Baton Rouge SD LOCALS, they said they sending with EchoStar 10. Charlie said on his show.... "as soon as they get Echostar 10 up and runnning you should be getting it." It is hard to promote DISH over cable or DirecTV when both has Baton Rouge locals. SMALLER cities in Lousianna have had their locals before the big cities. Charlie also said top 50 market, First. Baton Rouge, LA was 47 at the time he stated this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.