1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD monthly credit not showing up this month as usual

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ronsanjim, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Maybe just a temp glitch, but if your usual "credits" day is Dec 25, you might want to check your account online. My HD $10 credit did not appear on the usual 25th, nor did my other "Select" $10 credit appear. The past few months they have appeared always on the 25th day of the month.

My billing date is the 28th, so will wait before calling D*.

2. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey Legend

Sep 5, 2011
    I think they are having issues with the credit system. I didn't get any of the credits/discounts I was supposed to this month. I contacted D* last night (via email as I have no voice) and was told that my issue was being "escalated" and should be corrected soon. It hasn't shown up yet so as soon as I have functioning vocal cords I will have to give them a call, if they don't get it taken care of.

My statement date is the 26th, by the way.

3. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I noticed the same thing this morning. I called and said it would be reposted to my account within three days, although when stuff like this has happened before, the credits posted within a day. I'll be calling back by the end of the week if it doesn't show up on my account.

I'll start the chorus of "this isn't that hard a thing to get right." In fact, this is the second time within a year that the HD Access credit has fallen off of my statement.

4. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Was going to "wait" before calling D*, but I wanted to let them know its a potential problem with subscribers. Sooo I called, they didn't mention any system problem, just that it was a valid problem, and that it would be escalated and my 2 credits would appear "soon".

5. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    This is the second time in a year that the HD Access credit didn't apply when due. Subscribers shouldn't have to call and report this issue. DirecTV should be able to maintain the billing system to prevent this type of error.

6. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Obviously. But it happens.

7. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    I didn't get a credit I was supposed to get either (not for HD) this month. I called last night (got a real nice person in the Philippine call center - I asked where she was) and was told there was a "glitch" and the credits will be issued by the end of this billing cycle.

I asked if I should pay all BUT the missing credit and she said I might be cut-off if I didn't pay the entire bill in-case it isn't credited before the payment is due..

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You're assuming that they didn't know, however most people will still call in.

9. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    they hope you dont notice and are on paperless billing.....

10. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm more inclined to think it's an accounting error (likely a software problem) as opposed to a conspiracy to pull a fast one on the subscribers.

Mike

11. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Maybe the higher up's know, but DirecTV didn't communicate the problem down to the CSRs. At least that's how it appears based on the response I and others receive(d) when calling in to check why the credit wasn't applied as expected.

12. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    This impacts all credits that were supposed to be applied on specific dates not just the Free HD credits.

The prior issue for the free HD was due to the fact it was the first 24 month credit and when the 13th month hit it ran into an error.

The two , while being errors, are not related.

13. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    This is the case.

I noticed the missing HD Access credit yesterday and posted upthread that I had called in for this to be corrected. Checking today, the $10 credit still hasn't posted to my account.

I also had a $10 credit against my Premier package for six months as an anniversary gift. I knew this was about to expire but I checked this morning and it should have gone through my December billing.

Both credits fell away this month.

I just sent DirecTV an email to this effect. Let's see if this gets a better response than my phone call did yesterday.

14. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    They told me that "it would appear before the END DATE of the current bill" (not in 1 or 2 days but up to 3 weeks).

15. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    ^ Maybe, but in the past, billing mistakes have shown up as a negative balance on my account almost immediately.

The CSR I talked to yesterday said the credit would show up within three days.

I personally would not wait for a 2-3 weeks resolution. That sounds like a good way to sweep the problem under the rug.

16. HDbruce

HDbruce Mentor

Jun 30, 2007
    I noticed on my 12/26 ebill that my credit was missing. Called on the 27th and after some research the CSR mentioned a glitch and said he had credited my account $10. I even got an email later documenting the $10 credit.

17. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    That didn't take long.

I got an email back from DirecTV acknowledging I'm due the two credits for $20.

The email said, "Thank you for writing. I understand your concern about the missing credits on your bill and I apologize for it. I have verified that you are still eligible and that the corrective credit will be issued automatically which you will be seeing on the next bill."

I'll feel better when I see a negative balance on my account but with all this in writing, I'm pretty safe.

18. twiseguy

twiseguy Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    Stow, Ohio
    How come they never have issues with the charging part of the bill, only the credit part?

19. traderjack22

traderjack22 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Personally, I would call. Let them know that it's a breach of your agreement. Unfortunately, with autopay, they stole the funds from my credit card. When I called, they told me that they were "aware" of the issue and the general plan was to reimburse people at the end of their contract (not kidding!). I told them that was unacceptable...I'm not their bank. I just sent a followup e-mail today. Why can't these companies live up to their end of the bargain and quit playing games hoping that people aren't paying attention?

20. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Your agreement has nothing to do with programming or pricing. I get being upset by this but calling them and telling them that is just a waste of your time because it's not true and will not resolve the issue faster. DIRECTV doesn't want this to happen any more than you do, in fact they want it to happen less than you do, because of the negativity that it generates with word of mouth. They gain nothing positive from this error.

Credits should be applied automatically on the next bill so essentially you will get double credits on that cycle once the issue is resolved.