HD notification when utilizing favorites

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dod1450, Mar 23, 2012.

1. dod1450

dod1450 Legend

Dec 16, 2009
    I was wonder on why D* does not have a way to notified thier customers who are using the custom features on when a channel switches from SD to HD? I had noticed that one of my local PBS channel was not on my favorite list a couple days ago. I know it was there when I turn the televsion off the night before.
    I had to changed from custom to "all I get" and it was there. So I went to the channel in question and had added to my custom list. The new channel is in HD.

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    They usually do use TV mail to announce when they get new HD channels added (although a lot of the time the TV mail shows up a week or two after the channel went live). However, I don't think that they do it for local channels. Might be too difficult to send TV mail to just people in certain DMAs?

I believe they also mention it in your bill, but if you don't get a bill mailed to you then it's easy to miss. I don't get my bills mailed to me, I just watch how much is charged to my card each month and if it changes then I go look at my bill to see why, so I probably wouldn't find out that way. But I'm on here a lot so I tend to know before a channel goes live anyway, and tell all my friends with DirecTV about it.

3. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Don't know if they use mail for local channels. Every add recently that was national was noted in mail on my DVRs.