1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Package/Channel question

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by bgullicksen, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bgullicksen

bgullicksen Legend

Oct 1, 2006
    I just downgraded my programming from America's Everything to Top 120. I thought I was just giving up channels that my family doesn't watch, but i have found that stations that I used to get in HD such as A&E and FX I now only get in SD.

Can you tell me if that is correct? Should they be in HD? Is there a chart that shows which stations should be in HD for each package. I thought these should be HD in all of the packages?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If you do not have the HD on those and the rest of your channels except locals, csr may have shut off your HD for Life. I'd call back or PM a DIRT member here to help you.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    If you're paying for the HD channels (as well as the package price for AT120) - you should be getting both SD and HD versions.

4. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    To answer your question, any channel that is in HD, should be in HD for any package Top 120 and up, or the metal packages. If you have not yet, pull the plug on the receiver, wait about 5 minutes and plug it back in. See if that restores the HD channels.

5. bgullicksen

bgullicksen Legend

Oct 1, 2006
    Thanks everyone, that is exactly what happened. The CSR killed the HD for life package when they changed me to AT120.