HDCP error on tv2

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by aaronbud, May 8, 2016.

1. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    Ok,

So I recently discovered how to "backfeed" using one coax cable with ota from my 722k to a tv on my back patio. Works great except for one problem I have found:

When in single mode certain channels (espn networks for instance) come up with an HDCP error (890). I cannot view these channels on tv2. However if I switch to dual mode, I can watch those channels, but lose pnp options, etc.

Anyone have this issue, and is there a way to correct this. I am a sports nut and love pnp.

Thank you,

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The only way is to have your TV1 turned so it can communicate with the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

3. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    Thank you, but that's lame.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Do you have an HDMI TV connected to the receiver? Is it powered on when you are getting the error?

If you have a HDMI TV connected the receiver expects it to be powered on when watching TV. If it is not, the receiver will not get the correct HDCP handshake from the TV. Without that handshake certain channels will be blocked. It is all part of the content protection content providers are requiring to be enforced.