1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI cable with HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dogger01, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogger01

dogger01 AllStar

May 24, 2004
    I was wondering when DTV started shipping the HR20 with an HDMI cable? When I recieved my boxes back in September they did not come with one. I just had a unit replaced (That's another issue) and the new unit they shipped (not referb. this time) had a HDMI cable with it. Just wondering.

2. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Bought mine a few weeks ago and it had it, but I would imagine it was before that. Interestingly, though, because the manual says something like some of the cables you need may be included almost as if it's random.

3. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    That goes along with the some of the time the DVR might work.

Back on topic my HR20 did not come with an HDMI cable, this was the last week of November. I had to pay 4 dollars at Monoprice for mine.

4. pmayo2002

pmayo2002 AllStar

Mar 30, 2002
    Florida
    I purchased a new one from Circuit City - on 1/15 -- surprised also it had a HDMI cable.

5. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Since at one time it was posted that the HR20 didn't come with the HDMI cables I just ordered 2 HDMI cables and 2 Digital Optical audio cables from monoprice.com (one each for the HR20 and my new upscaling DVD player, a Sony DVP-NC85H).

I am also getting an HDMI cable along with the accessory bundle I bought with my new Panasonic TH-58PX60U to go from my new amp (Sony STR-DG800) to the TV. I really just wanted the extended warranty, power conditioner and calibration DVD but individually those prices added up to the accessory bundle so essentially the cables I am getting are free.

In case you didn't guess from the above, I'm essentially building a whole new HT in the family room. :D

Oh well, at the prices monoprice offers it won't be a terrible thing even if my new HR20 comes with and HDMI cable. An extra one wont hurt and I think I spent a little over 20 bucks for all 4 of the cables I bought at monoprice. I spent more than that snacking on wings & fries at the bar last night.

A home-techie can never have too many cables. ;)

6. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    The HR20 I picked up from Best Buy in early January had no HDMI cable, but a neighbor grabbed one a week or so later from the same store, and it had the cable included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.