1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI switcher compatability with 722K?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jholtz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jholtz

jholtz Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    I just switched to Dish from Direct TV and had a 722K installed. I use a Monoprice 5x1 501 switcher in my system which worked great with Direct TV but won't pass a 1080i signal with the 722K for some reason. It only works with a 480i signal.

So, can anyone recommend a compatible HDMI switcher for the 722K?

Thanks for your help!

Jim

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Why do you think it wont work with the 722K?

3. jholtz

jholtz Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    It's not a think, its a know. Whenever the installer tried to change resolution to 1080i in the 722K receiver the picture would black out and the TV would indicate that it was not a compatible resolution. When we finally ran the HDMI cable direct from the receiver to the TV, it works fine.

I think that points to a case of HDMI switcher incompatibility. I am very open to suggestions because it worked great with the H20 Direct TV receiver I replaced.

Jim

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    call the switch's manufacturer and complain, demand to upgrade FW or replace to compatible model

5. jholtz

jholtz Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    It's a couple years old and out of warranty. I highly doubt Monoprice would have any interest in doing anything about it considering the low cost and age. I'd rather just pick up a known compatible replacement and move on.

Jim

6. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    I have a Monoprice powered HDMI splitter. Very different than an a switcher but perhaps similiar in one respect. In the instruction sheet it says the splitter will only output at the lowest resolution acceptable to the both TVs. IOW, if I connect a 720P TV and a 1080P TV to the splitter, the splitter will send 720P to both.

You may just have an incompatibility situation but if you have the switcher's instructions, check the fine print.

7. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I also use a Monoprice HDMI splitter on a 722K. Occasionally 1 of the TVs goes dark on start up. I have thus far been able to get it going again. Since it's the same TV every time the problem probably lies in that TV rather than the splitter. The last time I even swapped ports on the splitter and the dark TV stayed dark and the other maintained it's picture.

8. jholtz

jholtz Cool Member

Sep 14, 2007
    OK, I had a senior moment. The switcher is a 4x1 401 Monoprice HDMI switcher. I installed a component switcher tonight to get me by until I can find a compatible HDMI switcher.

Had anyone had any luck with Monoprice's 5x1 501 version?

For one of the previous posters, I only have one TV working on this 722K right now so that's not the issue.

Thanks!

Jim

9. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I have used the same one on my 622 with no problem.