1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI to DVI Adapter

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by craig8868, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig8868

craig8868 AllStar

Jul 20, 2005
    Hello all,

A few weeks ago I posted a question about whether or not the 622 would come with an HDMI to DVI adapter. I was told it would but it arrived today without the adapter. Called Dish and they said the installer will bring it. Should I go out and buy one or wait for the installer to get here next Saturday and hope for the best?

Thanks as usual.
    Craig

FYI-I was also told the installer would be bringing the box out with them and the local installer told me it would be shipped to me. It's a good thing my wife was home to sign for it. :)

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I would NOT expect the installer to have it. If/when the installer calls to confirm the appointment you can ask.

3. craig8868

craig8868 AllStar

Jul 20, 2005
    thanks, James. I think I will go out and buy one just in case. I can always return it. :)

4. Cokeswigga

Cokeswigga Legend

Jan 25, 2005
    The 622 that I received via UPS from dish
    did NOT have any HDTV cable.
    It came with a seperator, a short rg-59 cable, a UHF antenna and attenuator, a phone cord, and an a/v cable (composite/audioleft/audioright)

but NO HDMI or HDMI/DVI or HDMI DVI Converter! :(

I would buy a cable to have for installation day

The installer was kind enough to supply a set of component cables (which are now in storage for future use)

5. monoparadox

monoparadox Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I ordered one at monoprice.com for about 5 bucks. Works great.

6. craig8868

craig8868 AllStar

Jul 20, 2005
    i have plenty of dvi cables so i m not worried about that. Since my install date is next saturday, I'll grab an adapter this weekend.

Craig

7. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth Godfather

Jul 18, 2005
    At DNSC, we are now being issued HD cables (both component and HDMI/DVI) to stock our vans. If you didn't get HD cables with your reciever, the installer should have them in his van.

8. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    My installer did not have HDMI-->DVI convertor and installed using the composite connection. I callled Dish CS for another issue, mentioned the DVI concern, and they promised to send a convertor to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.