1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdmi

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by benham, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benham

benham New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Dish Installed my 622 today.:) I hav a DVI cable to my projector so I bought a monster DVI to HDMI connector and I am seeing "sparkles" when I use the dvi
    However when I switch to component they are gone. Any thoughts?

Ben

2. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    I guess you're saying that the DVI cable was fine with your previous HD receiver?

3. benham

benham New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Yes It was ok with dtv.

4. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Sparklies usually mean insufficient quality cabling but in this case it could just be the adapter. You might try a different one. Or you could try an HDMI to DVI cable and see how that does.

5. benham

benham New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    The cable was high quality cable fro AV Sience. Te adapter was a monster brand.
    If I cant get this to work I will Buy A new DVI to HDMI cable :(

6. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    How long is the cable? If you do get a new cable, get it from a place you can return it.

7. benham

benham New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    It is an 11m.
    DVI worked great

8. Jim Noyd

Jim Noyd Cool Member

May 14, 2005
    The 622 HDMI transmitter may not be outputting the same voltage as your DVI source. If you can't replace the DVI cable, try calling Ultralink to find out about their HDMI/DVI repeater. It can get you 1080p/60 HDMI/DVI to 100 feet without drop outs like you have.

9. tedb3rd

tedb3rd Godfather DBSTalk Club

Feb 2, 2006
    I hooked up my 622 the other day before the official installation just to see. Ran video via S-video cable and audio via the digital output. The signal had that same "sparkles" like you describe. It was the same cable I use with my "current" 510 receiver and there were no problems. I also tried swapping out the cable but that didn't help either. I used the Y, Pb, Pr (or whatever) and the sparkles disappeared. I got the sparkles on SD (DN FYI channel) and also on the HD showcase in HD (when using the s-video cable)... Let us know if you are able to isolate the source of the problem... Keep the receipts on those cables because they might not be the problem. My cables were top quality too and only 6 ft.

10. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    The 622 doesn't have an Svideo output.

11. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    yes it does I've got one right here and I'm staring at it.

12. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    There is even an S Video cable in the box (but no components or HDVI).

13. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003

Wondered what that cable was doing in the box. This is what happens when your old and gray. I had to dig up a composit video cable because I couldn't fing the hole. Ain't that life-- the holes you figured out how too find don't help and the ones that would help you can't find:D

14. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I went out and got a HDMI to HDMI 6' cable today. Man are they expensive. So expensive I can see why people are seeing sparkles.:)

15. jimboeau

jimboeau New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Order one from monoprice.com and then return the one you bought locally.

16. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    Okay, will do! Thanks

17. gregleg

gregleg AllStar

Jan 4, 2004
    SVideo doesn't carry HD-quality signals. Use the component cables.

18. liferules

liferules Godfather

Aug 14, 2005
    I have to ask...is the HDMI really that much better than component? I agree the HDMI cables are ~$70+ at Target and I'm hedging on paying that if there is no real difference...especially since its just for the video component as the audio goes to a different input for me...

19. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005

Depends who you ask. On my set, I would say HDMI is slightly sharper, but you have to really look close. Much better..NO. Slightly better..maybe.

20. jimb

jimb AllStar

Feb 12, 2006
    Why is everyone buying these cables? Doesn't the free install from E* include these cables?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.