1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet and HDNet movies in jeopardy

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by HDNet2, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDNet2

HDNet2 New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    My ex-girl friend worked at HDNet, they could not agree with Dish in terms of the licensing fees for HDNet and HDNet Movies for next year. It is highly likely both channels will be removed.

Dish should fire the arrogant Charlie. His hard-nosed attitude is driving away customers, and his employees also have a high attrition rate.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I've heard this sort of rumor before... I'd be very surprised if there is any truth to it, especially since it was just a couple of months ago and Mark Cuban was on a Charlie Chat. Seemed like they were all getting along fine then.

3. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am guessing that it was just the same guy that posted this rumour over at the other site earlier today. One of the moderators there is supposed to be checking into it.

4. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Well, there is alot of time between now and next January. I am not too worried about it. Cuban and Ergen are alot alike. I am sure that an understanding will made.

5. ka8zay

ka8zay AllStar

Feb 11, 2009
    I doubt it, and I put very little stock in it from a first time poster using HDnet as their name. Likely someone who is from the competition raising false rumors.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It seems that when channels are removed, there is little or no announcement. A lot can happen between March and January and I wouldn't take any stock in any rumor given the amount of time till the contract expires.

7. redsalmon

redsalmon AllStar

Oct 16, 2006
    You were debunked on this rumor on the other site. Take your rumors and go home!

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Since this is a very much unsubstantiated rumor, and the original poster seems to have abandoned it, I'm going to close (but not delete) this thread so we don't argue about something that might not be happening anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.