1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet & HDNet Movies via DIRECTV on Demand?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Hutchinshouse, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Last night I found both of these channels via DIRECTV on Demand. When did these go live? I downloaded a movie. Quality was tiptop. :righton:

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Joe also noticed them and posted info in another thread [Link]. He was having an issue that I have as well. Can't download from HDNet, says call Directv to purchase the channel. Seems like you need the HD Xtra pack with HDnet Movies to even download HDNet programs like Dan Rather

3. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Most if not all DOD downloads must be channels you sub to. There have been threads on here where people were able to download on channels that they dont pay for but the majority must be subbed first before you can DOD them.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You are correct sir :)

5. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    You are correct, but both Joe & I subscribe to HDNet and we can't download the HDNet content. I can understand not being able to download from HDNet movies, since I don't have the HD Xtra pack that has HDNet Movie channel in it.

6. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Thats a good point. I would redo the network settings to see if maybe that makes a difference. Im not sure if you have tried a reboot? Have you never had the option or is the first time its not letting you download?

7. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Haven't tried a reboot yet. And I have downloaded NFL shortcuts and Showtime content, but not HDNet. This is a message you get if you don't subscribe to the channel.

8. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Out of curiosity I looked at the channel this morning and it looks like all movies. In fact, I think the channel description refers to uncut HD movies. The channel number corresponds to HDNet Movies, not HDNet.

9. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    What firmware are you guys running?

10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I'm on firmware version 0x0368 and am referring to Ch 1079 HDNet VOD.

11. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Ok cause I was just on the DOD and was able to get HDnet just not HDnet Movies which is correct for my programming package.

12. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Did you actually try to add something to the queue to download? That's when I get the "call to subscribe" message.

13. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    On channel 1552 yes I got the error which is correct. On channel 1079 Its downloading a movie right now. This one may need to get called in to Directv support. I know that this happened to me many months back and a call in to them fixed it.

14. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I tried my other HR22, same thing. I even tried watching 306 HDNet and it was working fine. Still need to run a reset and see if that clears it up.

15. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I just did a more detailed search. If I go through the DOD by movies and find a title on 1079 it is letting me download it. I just tried during the DOD search by channel and it lets me see the listing for HDnet but when I try to add through the queue that way it gives me the programming error. I really dont use the channel search option so its the first time I get this error through this pattern. Im not sure if this is the same error that you guys are receiving. It if it then it needs to be reported in the issues thread.

16. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Tried going through the ch 1000 DOD menu and picked an individual episode of Dan Rather by title. Same error message.

17. quickfire

quickfire Godfather

Nov 13, 2003
    Im getting subscribe to channel message also........I have HDNET in my package.

18. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I justed call tech support and it is an error. Seems that the HDnet on demand is still registered as part of the HDnet Movies channel (552). They took my account info but they are going to make sure that they correct this system wide rather than just my account. I gave them the most current firmware # but they said that its an account level issue not a firmware issue. It most likely wont be fixed today so over the course of the week lets keep checking to see if it gets fixed. Hopefully they get this taken care of for us.

19. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Both working for me. I was able to put a Dan Rather show in the queue. Seems the authorization problem is not happening to everyone.

20. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    If you subscribe to the HD Xtra pack, you won't have this issue.

Movieman, thanks for calling that in!