1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet to Broadcast Mavs Games

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Nick, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Oct 8, 2007 #1 of 10
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Games to air in Mavs Texas viewing area beginning October 9

DALLAS (October 8) The Dallas Mavericks and HDNet announced today that select
    Mavericks games will be available in high definition exclusively on HDNet to fans who
    live within the Mavericks Texas viewing area.

The schedule tips off with exclusive coverage of the Mavs pre-season opener versus
    the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs, Tuesday October 9, at 7:30 p.m. CT. This
    game will be available ONLY on HDNet!

Mavs fans in Texas will also get to see their team play the Chicago Bulls only on
    HDNet, Tuesday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. CT. HDNet's exclusive HD coverage
    of the regular season schedule will also include up to 14 games.

A schedule of coverage (subject to change) and detailed information regarding
    where the games are available can be found at www.HD.net.

2. Oct 8, 2007 #2 of 10
    n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Well yeah, the same guy (Mark Cuban) owns both the team and network..

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I received an email from HDNet today about this... and I guess I'm wondering what the news is... unless the news is that ALL Mavericks games will be in HD this year. I know there have been HD Mavericks games in past years only available on HDNet in the Dallas market.

If they are still not going to be available out-of-market, then the announcement really just means more blackout days for HDNet for me.

4. Oct 9, 2007 #4 of 10
    FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    The press release on the HDNet site said the games would be on a separate feed - no blackouts.

5. Oct 9, 2007 #5 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Where does it say that? Every reference I see (on HDNet and the email for the press release) says these games will only be available to those in the Mavericks' market.

6. Oct 9, 2007 #6 of 10
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Yeah, well, thanks for pointing out what everyone here already knows. :rolleyes:

7. Oct 9, 2007 #7 of 10
    saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    I think he means that you will see reguarly scheduled programs on the normal HDnet channel (9422). Last year the Mavs games were on something like ch. 9465. So, that's the channel that will have the "blackout" message on it, leaving 9422 in the clear with normal HDnet shows.

Edit: Those are E* channel references. Forgot that I was not in an E* forum.

8. Oct 9, 2007 #8 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Maybe he and I were just miscommunicating then. I knew the games were on a different feed than the normal programming... but it still appears as if that feed will be blacked-out for non-Mavericks markets.

9. Oct 9, 2007 #9 of 10
    FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    http://www.hd.net/mavsonhdnet.html#channels "Since these games are not part of our national HDNet programming, they will be provided via a special feed and may be aired by your service provider on a different channel than HDNet."

10. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    No problem, Nick. Maybe not everyone knew that.