1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDPPV channels

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by hoophead, Mar 25, 2009.

1. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I remember seeing a TV spot over a month ago where DISH was pushing these channels. It mentioned about channels, I believe, 534-548. I have only 535,36,37,40,48. Where is the rest of the numbers mentioned on the commercial? Seems like not a whole lot of movies to choose from.

Why would we only have these five?

Mods - pls xfer to the HD Discussion board

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Consider it moved :)

3. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    My brain is a little fuzzy... but some of the HDPPV channels are on the sat110 location, while others are on 129 and 61.5. In some cases the channel is mirrored to both 129 and 61.5, while I think in other cases some might only be on one location or the other.

Depending upon what satellites you are seeing, you might be missing some of the HDPPV available with Dish.

4. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Got two dishes -
    I have 110,119 and 61.5

5. chevy69604

chevy69604 New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    On 3/18/09 on EBk channel changes these channels 9467 HDPPV Events from 72.7° and 110° deleted have they been replaced with other channels if so I cannot find one. I have all other HD PPV

6. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    ...thanx for hijacking my thread :rolleyes:

7. chevy69604

chevy69604 New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I appoligise thought it was related first post is no excuse, will not happen again

8. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have HDPPV from 534-548 and I am pointed at 110/119/118.7/129 with my two-dish setup. I haven't checked in a while, but it could be there are some HDPPV only on the 129 location for some reason.

There is a lot of duplication, though, so you may or may not be actually missing any movie selections.

9. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    The reason why I started this thread was to compare it to what I 'found out' when calling DISH. The first two times over the course of a few weeks, one on a chat, was that I needed an update sent to me and would happen upon rebooting my 722. Told them nothing changed. The second one wanted to send me a 'new' 722 replacement. Yesterday, after stumping another CSR I requested a supervisor and after a fashion he told me that due to my 'setup' these would be the only channels I would get and that the other channels actually show the same lineup as my 535,36,37,40 and 48.
    I got the impression he really did not know and was just trying to get me off the phone.

10. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I agree... that's just not quite true if you're missing more than half of them.

As an example... 534HD has "Twilight" right now... and it doesn't show up on a different channel (535) until next Wednesday. So you'd be missing out on that movie for about a week.

Eventually they all rotate around... but if you're looking for something to watch right now, then you definitely miss out.

Something doesn't sound right, as I don't think that many are 129-location only... but I'm not sure how it could be the receiver to blame.

Just for curiosity.. are you looking at the "All sub" or "all HD" lists? Or one of your own favorites? Try checking "all sub" to be sure you are seeing all and make sure. The next thing to check might be to see if you have any channels being locked out.. OR if you have any channels being blocked by rating, could be you are not seeing some channels because the adult guard feature is enabled?

Aside from that... I'm not sure what else to try.

11. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Double checked the ch. locked out,blocked by rating - all copacetic.
    Checked again the all sub and all hd lists and included the all ch lists.

Nothing uncovered.

12. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Dish read the posts, the open channel has been removed.

13. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    ...not sure what this means. :(
    help me out, pls