1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDVR2 install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by keeneking, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keeneking

keeneking Cool Member

Feb 4, 2003
    OK...I am doing a self install of a HDVR2 and I am stuck on the Obtaining Info From the Satellite screen. It has been stuck on 70% complete for about 90 minutes now. What's up? Does it normally take this long? Or is it "frozen" or something? What should I do?

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Normally takes about a minute

3. TerryC

TerryC Icon

Jul 18, 2002
    It should only take a few minutes.

Are you using just one tuner or two? If one then make sure that cable is in the sat 1 input. And make sure that the cable is good (RG59 or better, not old, not too long a run, etc.)

If two then swapping the cables between the two tuners might help if one cable is bad and that bad one is the one being used to download the info.

You also might wanna try the download a second time if you haven't already. That can work wonders. :)

If you have a multiswitch, try running the cables directly to the HDVR2 to rule out a problem with the switch.

Is all else fails, go to tivocommunity.com. Those people know EVERYTHING about all things Tivo.

4. keeneking

keeneking Cool Member

Feb 4, 2003
    I downloaded again and it is fixed now. Thanks!

5. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    You may have more luck next time putting this in the DirecTV PVR forum.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.