"Head's Up"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DirectMan, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    This is what has greeted me when I logged into D* this morning (Wednesday):

"Heads up! We're currently upgrading your account management experience from directv.com to att.com so you can't access a few things right now. We should be done on Sunday. As soon as we're done, you'll be able to manage your account directly from www.att.com/myatt. More info ."

How do I manage my DIRECTV account after it’s upgraded to ATT.com?

Maybe they use the term heads up as a warning that something dangerous is ahead like a metal beam you can walk into or a screw up of your D* online system.

I upgraded my system in mid November so it has taken about two months to get this message, if other posters have been correct about an equipment upgrade precipitating the switchover.

I love the wording in the paragraph: "We're currently upgrading your account management experience". That is why for the next four days you will not be able to access features that you will not be able to access in the future.

Oh well I upgraded my system knowing full well that this would probably happen. My system is working well and I have recently deactivated an SD receiver so I am glad that I did that when I was able to. I have an owned HD receiver that I activate whenever I have guests who knows if I will be able to use that in the future. But my new HR-54 acts as my guest's receiver these days so I guess it is less important for me to have that capability.

Next week I get to experience the upgraded account management experience. Great can't wait. Not.

By the way I have not yet received an email from D* informing me of the switchover. Perhaps that is sent when the changeover is completed.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    On a whim I just called my friend who is a D* subscriber. He has the same message on his login - he last upgraded his system about a year ago so perhaps this is much bigger and is a major changeover and is affecting other subscribers. If this has just happened to you pipe in.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Glad to see you realize what you're in for with these people. I received not one word from D* or ATT when my account was transitioned. Not one word. I only found out when I tried to access the D* website. Once you're transitioned they block you out of the D* site.

Upgraded my...nether regions! The ATT CSRs are a massive downgrade from the D* CSRs. Such hypocrisy...

Rich

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I get the same message when I log into my Directv account, too. The only difference is I get "Monday" instead of "Sunday" on my message. I have made no upgrades since I moved here in 2014. I am not an AT&T wireless customer or Internet customer. What exactly is the difference?

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Same here.

6. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    ditto for me....

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It isn't related to upgrades ... AT&T is working on taking over all DIRECTV accounts. It is just your turn.

8. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Since the ATT merger many people on this site have advised against moving your Directv account to ATT or combining your Directv with any of ATT's cell services, I guess we can't avoid this now, hopefully we won't encounter the negative site management aspects that others have experienced.

9. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Apparently hasn't hit me yet, but it's just a matter of time.

For many years DirecTV has been my supplier of choice. Now their just my supplier due to inertia.

wxman and Steady Teddy like this.
  10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    It's still the best choice, I think. Says a lot about this particular industry.

Rich

11. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am getting a message saying I’m not a directv customer

12. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    they are still converting cx accounts, started 6 months ago

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Welcome to the wonderful world of AT&T.

Rich

14. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I got this error when trying to log into my DIRECTV account. Gives me two options, but neither work.
    upload_2019-1-27_9-53-8.png
    I have AT&T internet (but the two accounts aren't linked and use two different email addresses), and I can't log into that one either.

Oh the joys.

15. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I can no longer sign into my DIRECTV account. It says Sign in, (my first name). Under that it says password. When I enter my password I get a message stating user name or e-mail required but there is only a option for entering a password. Way to go AT&T! Since acquiring DIRECTV not only have you turned gold into lead you also demonstrate you can screw up the Lord's Prayer during a Sunday Sermon.

TheRatPatrol and jimmie57 like this.
  16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I tried a chat the other day on the ATT site. All I got was a robot. I gave up on that just as I have given up on talking to an ATT CSR. The next time I do that, unless something catastrophic pops up, might be to terminate. I'm sure even that will be an ordeal.

Rich

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Even if you could get on the ATT site there's not much there. It's a whole lot worse than the D* site and I avoided that like the plague. Wait till you have to deal with one of their CSRs.

Rich

18. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    So far, still log onto DIRECTV account via my computer...log onto my ATT account via app on my iphone..hope stays that way.

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sadly that's not gonna happen. Looks like everyone is gonna go down that rabbit hole.

Rich

20. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    With DirecTV you could log in with either a user name or your email address you use with DirecTV. With AT&T you have to use the email address. If I try to login at directv.com I enter my email address and password and it re-directs me to att.com and logs me in there.

Edit: Well it used to. If I try now it says there was a system error.