1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello DIRT member: Programming request

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ggotch5445, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ggotch5445

ggotch5445 AllStar

Sep 27, 2009
    Hello,

First let me say that it is much appreciated how Dish pulls together the holiday radio stations and displays them in a higher traffic area of the program guide, making such stations easier to find.

The last couple of years of programming seem to have omitted classical holiday stations however. When we first started to subscribe to Dish, several years ago, one classical Christmas station was normally available. Is there any chance of seeing at least one classical-oriented holiday station restored again to the program guide?

Thanks for the consideration.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    More holiday music stations are coming after Thanksgiving.

3. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
    I believe channels 73, 74, 88, and 89 have holiday music on them now. Maybe channels 75-80 will have Christmas music soon due to their map downs.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    BTW: 88 and 89 are on 99-04 and 99-17 for Hopper/Joey users.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    November 23rd begins my Xmas Musicstravaganza at work. I will torment people endlessly with great stuff.

Until then, NO MAS!

6. ggotch5445

ggotch5445 AllStar

Sep 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the info.

My wife and I enjoy all kinds of holiday music, from the offerings of Michael Buble and more contemporary fare to the classic Christmas pop of Crosby, Como, Nat King Cole et. all.

But a great respite, from traditional carols and contemporary holiday music, is the mix of works like those from the Renaissance and Baroque- many of which were represented on at least one classical holiday music station offered by Dish in the past. We have not seen that for at least 2 years.

We have a pretty good selection of Christmas albums which cover all of these genres that we find pleasing, but sometimes it's just more convenient to flip on a Dish radio station.

Hopefully, holiday stations that have yet to appear will include one such channel!

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I like classic Chrismas pop on ch: 6004.

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    This is the same channel that is at 088-00.

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I'm sure one of the Dish CD and/or Sirius XM classical stations will be playing classical Christmas music at some point. they just might not be mirrored in the double digit range. Look in the 900's (Dish CD) or 6000's (Sirius XM) (99 on the Hopper/Joey).

10. ggotch5445

ggotch5445 AllStar

Sep 27, 2009
    Hey Dish!! Thank you!!

Appearing now on Channel 76, "Audio 19", is "Classical Holiday" (at least on our 722K). Ahh! it sounds great!

It is a bit of a "pops classical Holiday", as there are still many mainstream, well-known, carols and popular holiday tunes, performed by string ensembles. Still it sounds nice, and there are many selections that are less heard, and thus are refreshing to hear.

It is very appreciated Dish. Once again, so far as we are concerned, you have pleased us.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!