1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help D*will not connect to Internet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by 63thk, Nov 14, 2010.

1. 63thk

63thk AllStar

Feb 11, 2010
    Easten, NC
    Just had a new install on Friday. Was going to have the installer do the Internet connection,but CSR insured me that I should save the $25 and it was as simple as running the Ethernet cable. Which it should be. I'm no networking guru,but have a pretty good understanding of these things. Anyway hooked the HR24 to the router. The Hr24 shows network connected,but says receiver is not connected the internet. If you go to the router it says the exact opposite showing no Ethernet. To insure it was not the cable I hooked it to a laptop which worked fine. I tried wiring it directly to the cable modem, same results. I also have a separate DSL connection which I also tried. Tried using Static IP Same results on all fronts. The router is a Linksys WRT54G2 V1 if that helps. Any suggestions?:(
    Tim

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Reset your receiver then run a system test. If the problem is still there try repeating Network Setup. If that doesn't work give DirecTV a call and ask to speak with a tech, not a csr.

3. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006

Try to ping the static IP address of the DVR from a PC connected to the same router. If the ping test is successful, then the error is likely because of the Gateway and/or DNS settings in the DVR.

4. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    You do understand that by pluggin in an ethernet cable into a H24/HR24 you will be disabling the internal DECA unit, shutting down the DECA network and killing off your whole home service if you have it. Unless you run ethernet to all of your HD receivers.

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Do you just have the one receiver?

6. 63thk

63thk AllStar

Feb 11, 2010
    Easten, NC
    No didn't know that. I was only running temp cables for now anyway, so can I simply disconnect them and reset the system for whole home? The reset and system test did solve the connection problem by the way

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    We need more info on your setup. Receivers - how many and what type. Do you currently have Whole Home Network with them?