1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Dish Network Took Ownership for my personal purchased Reciever

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Ro8520, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Ro8520

Ro8520 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hi,

Today I setup a new receiver for my sister. We added the VIP211K to her house. I bought the receiver from dishdepot.com. The person who activated the receiver really screwed up. My sis already had a VIP222K receiver and I told the DN rep to add the new VIP211K receiver onto the existing receiver. I told her I bought it myself. However she put the new receiver in as leased. I saw this in my account information a few minutes after activation. I immediately called them back was furious. They basically stole my receiver that I paid $115 for. After being bounced around I finally talked to someone and they said only way to reverse this is to send them a proof of purchase. Fax it to them.

I have the e-mail confirmation for the order from dishdepot. Its under my name and address. It does not have the receiver or smart card # on it. The receiver was activated for my sister’s who’s account has a different address and name on it that to where the receiver what billed and shipped to. Will dish network give me hell about the original receiver order being under a different name? Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? I was furious and was about to cancel the account….but then I would have to mail back to them the receiver that I purchased!

Any help will be great. Have spent the whole day angry over dish network stealing my receiver. When I asked them to show me proof that they sent the receiver to me…the rep said they don’t have to do that since it could have been leased from anywhere.

Anyways any help would be great. Also word out to other people if activating a self purchased receiver make sure to let the rep know over and over that it is NOT leased. Thanks.

2. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Im no dish expert but 115 sounds like a upfront lease fee and not an out right purchase.

3. Ro8520

Ro8520 New Member

Nov 20, 2011

Nop that was the purchase price. You can check it out for yourself here.

dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

I'm not allowed to post URLs yet. Just put that in your browser and check for yourself.

I did buy the receiver through dish authorized reseller!

4. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Well the price for the Directv receivers are the lease fee and it dosen't say that so I bet its a lease fee.

5. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    Will you send me a PM with the phone number or account number? I can help you get the status changed

6. Ro8520

Ro8520 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks Matt. Need one more post so I can PM you. This is #5.